What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (63 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Grew up in Fort Myers and my parents are still sheltering in place with no power as of this morning. The house we grew up in might be gone...finger crossed....
Glad you made it to safety
Yea, no power seems to be a common issue everywhere along the storms path. Hopefully your parents are doing well and have power soon.

Spend $$$$.
20220923_172357.jpg
20220923_172302.jpg
20220923_172452.jpg

I don't know. I don't have a hardness tester and they are so small I don't think I could test them.

According to my geology book the banded rhyolite I was busting open would have bixbite, topaz, and quarts/amethyst.

Not sure fluorite crystals would be found inside rhyolite.
You can get fluorite in a rhyolite, it all depends on the fluids flowing through after it is buried. All you need is a pocket knife or steel. If it scratches it, it is most likely fluorite. If it doesn't, maybe amethyst.

You can get fluorite in a rhyolite, it all depends on the fluids flowing through after it is buried. All you need is a pocket knife or steel. If it scratches it, it is most likely fluorite. If it doesn't, maybe amethyst.

Would fluorite glow under a black light?

Last edited:
Trying out the scanGuage III

It's too big but has a touch color screen and Gal left in tank. I use this feature a lot on long trips. Otherwise I would use the @Lutz Auto
View attachment 3121689View attachment 3121691View attachment 3121690

I ended up using my clock mount with a printed ball to the magnet mount that came with the scan guage.

Also made a dome light holder, is not an issue if the door is closed. Like my kids run by and close the door.
View attachment 3121692
Im running the Ultragauge now with your mount. I think I gave you the idea 💪;) How do you like the Scan Gauge II?

Im running the Ultragauge now with your mount. I think I gave you the idea 💪;) How do you like the Scan Gauge II?
I don't like the scanGuage 2 the 3 so far is good. Just big... so I made a smaller case.

20220925_150805.jpg
20220925_151600.jpg

should glow a bluish color and sometimes another color I can't recall.
I will try that when I get a chance.

Also found this yesterday.

20220929_103048.jpg

anyone have any tips for removing the plug from the back of the alternator, mine does not want to move, and I am trying to avoid mangling the wiring / connector

Might want to rub its back, speak softly to it. That might get you somewhere... LOL!!!

Took it to 12,705 feet up.
60F90703-8606-4645-AC38-42211C710522.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom