Disconnecting batt for 2 month storages (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have to park my 80 for 2 months while I travel for work. It has a Hell Roaring dual batt setup with two fresh batt. I was thinking I would disconnect them. Would it work to just disconnect both neg terminals or do I need to do both pos and both neg?

I only ask because my main batt pos terminal has a good number of heavy gauge wires and is a little more difficult to disconnect.

It is only 2 months. I could always just leave the main hooked up and disconnect the 2nd batt. Then if the main is low I can combine them and get it started with the 2nd which is kind of the idea of the system.

Pull the grounds only. That interrupts the circuit. Just be sure to isolate the cable ends in a manner where they won't migrate back towards the post if jostled.

I use a battery knife switch on my negative terminal. We leave our 100 (have an 80 as well--why I'm in this forum) in our "vacation state" and it starts right up each time--over two months sometimes. I'm getting one for the 80 as well if it ever needs to sit for too long.

IMG_2335.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom