What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found 129 load tires quite stiff. They had a very narrow pressure range (1-2 psi cold) that worked best, anything outside was too soft or too hard. Replaced with 121 load and the acceptable pressure range is much wider, (7-8 psi cold).
At the right pressure they ride pretty similar, but the 121 load is more forgiving across normal on road situations.

At off road pressures not too much difference, both seemed real happy at 18 psi.

I was not able to hand mount either one, but got a lot closer on the 121 load (could do it, but probably scuff the rim) vs the 129 load (no chance).

Thanks for answering this. I wasn’t sure and it certainly makes sense. This was my concern and doing a narrower 275 would actually make my 200 a little more rigid but then I look at a 295 and the load rating goes up from 125/122S E to 129/126S for the 295. Wouldn’t this higher load rating cause more rigidity of the bigger tire effecting ride quality?

Potentially and it's something to look into. Often load rating is as much about tire carcass geometry to handle and manage pressure and heat than it is sidewall stiffness. This will vary between tire models. Necessary RCTIP between the two tires may tell that story?

correct me if I'm wrong, but 295 AT3s are not recommended for the 9 inch heritage wheel, tire this size would require a non heritage wheel

May need someone else to weigh in, but as I understand it, all OEM 18s are 8" width.

I found 129 load tires quite stiff. They had a very narrow pressure range (1-2 psi cold) that worked best, anything outside was too soft or too hard. Replaced with 121 load and the acceptable pressure range is much wider, (7-8 psi cold).
At the right pressure they ride pretty similar, but the 121 load is more forgiving across normal on road situations.

At off road pressures not too much difference, both seemed real happy at 18 psi.

I was not able to hand mount either one, but got a lot closer on the 121 load (could do it, but probably scuff the rim) vs the 129 load (no chance).
What 129 load tires did you have? I can’t find any load 121 in a 33” tire

What 129 load tires did you have? I can’t find any load 121 in a 33” tire
275/80r18 (35.3” book, 129 load, E). 35x10.5r17 (34.5” book, 121 load D)

Sorry you asked on load, not size. I also use two different 125 load 275/65r18, which were in between these two in load and ride character

275/80r18 (35.3” book, 129 load, E). 35x10.5r17 (34.5” book, 121 load D)

Sorry you asked on load, not size. I also use two different 125 load 275/65r18, which were in between these two in load and ride character
Man, finding the right tire is going down an insanely deep rabbit hole. I know a 295/70r18 is not the “greatest” choice but sure love the way the 200 looks with them and would only get the Revo3 in that size as it’s 55lbs and a mild A/T. The 275/70r18 might be my best option coming from a 285/70r18 for better road manners. I may just go with the open country at3 as I’m not sure I can live with a plain looking sidewall. I looks at the Revo3 in the 275/70 and it definitely looked much narrower compared to my 285 RG.

Potentially and it's something to look into. Often load rating is as much about tire carcass geometry to handle and manage pressure and heat than it is sidewall stiffness. This will vary between tire models. Necessary RCTIP between the two tires may tell that story?

May need someone else to weigh in, but as I understand it, all OEM 18s are 8" width.
The 295/70r18 RCTIP is 35lbs
275/70r18 is 41lbs

Man, finding the right tire is going down an insanely deep rabbit hole. I know a 295/70r18 is not the “greatest” choice but sure love the way the 200 looks with them and would only get the Revo3 in that size as it’s 55lbs and a mild A/T. The 275/70r18 might be my best option coming from a 285/70r18 for better road manners. I may just go with the open country at3 as I’m not sure I can live with a plain looking sidewall. I looks at the Revo3 in the 275/70 and it definitely looked much narrower compared to my 285 RG.
275/70r18 +1" spacers = wider track than stock.

275/70r18 +1" spacers = wider track than stock.

Yeah, the smart move would be the 275 but dang the 200 looks so good with 295’s. Do you have a front and side photo of yours? I’m going order a set tomorrow. How are the Toyos above 80mph?

BAB53FC7-C299-42B9-AE5E-458D1754CBFD.png

EFEC1025-4E10-4787-B23B-62ADED88FEAE.png

Yeah, the smart move would be the 275 but dang the 200 looks so good with 295’s. Do you have a front and side photo of yours? I’m going order a set tomorrow. How are the Toyos above 80mph?

View attachment 3125959

View attachment 3125961
I've had zero issues with mine above 80+. I typically set the cruise to 72-74. Passing etc, I can get above 80 but I'm not doing 80+ constantly.

I'd expect you to have significant rubbing with 295/70r18.

38AFA1D2-A47C-4CCA-BBFD-D97FE60A1168.jpeg

I've had zero issues with mine above 80+. I typically set the cruise to 72-74. Passing etc, I can get above 80 but I'm not doing 80+ constantly.

I'd expect you to have significant rubbing with 295/70r18.

View attachment 3126011
Good lookin’! I guess I’m more curious if the tire noise is noticeable when your at speed on the freeway. My ridge grapplers are like a very noticeable rough sounding white noise that isn’t relaxing on road trips. The 295s will just rub the drivers side sway bar only since I have 1.25” spacers but would need to weld on a 1/4” nut to the steering knuckle which would decrease my full right turn. It’s not totally uncommon as many Jeep owners actually have bolts to adjust for fitting bigger tires.

Toyos are my favorite tires. Quiet, loads of grip, last forever. I dont understand this forums love for nittos. I’ve never had a set I’ve liked. My f250 has ridge graps on it and theyre useless.

Anyway I put new wipers on, air filter and got the replacement tabs for the engine cover

4C6040DD-8718-4A55-863F-B43C88B4C8E5.jpeg

Toyos are my favorite tires. Quiet, loads of grip, last forever. I dont understand this forums love for nittos. I’ve never had a set I’ve liked. My f250 has ridge graps on it and theyre useless.

Anyway I put new wipers on, air filter and got the replacement tabs for the engine cover

View attachment 3126336
Are you running Toyo AT3? I’m running Ridge grapplers only because my 200 came with them. They make highway/city trips less than favorable. After the first 50 miles on the hwy, you kind of forget about them until you hit broken pavement.

Last edited:
Toyo and Nitto are 'sister' companies, the tires are likely made in the same factory(ies).

Toyo and Nitto are 'sister' companies, the tires are likely made in the same factory(ies).

They are.

Like Lexus to Toyota, Toyo is the premium lineup of product offerings to Nitto.

Are you running Toyo AT3? I’m running Ridge grapplers only because my 200 came with them. They make highway/city trips less than favorable. After the first 50 miles on the hwy, you kind of forget about them until you hit broken pavement.
I had At2 on my last f150 and they were phenomenal. They may be sister companies but the quality difference is apparent. Like a land cruiser versus a sequoia. Price difference is about the same too tho 😵‍💫

My rig came with a brand new set of Goodyear rough terrains in 285/55/20 so I’ll run them. Its a louder tire than the AT2 but the Lx is quiet, they are snow rated and I live in northwest Montana. I haven’t had a chance to test them yet but they are aggressive.

I guess I’m more curious if the tire noise is noticeable when your at speed on the freeway.

I frequently travel with the radio off when I ride with my wife, I don't hear any white noise coming from the tires at either highway or city driving speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom