Lc300 transmission problem (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just sold lx570 and bought a new lc300 vx . but I feel the transmission is not smooth. when I first started to step on the gas pedal, I saw that from 1st to 2nd gear and 2nd to 3rd gear jerked. Is your lc300 like that?
062CD365-EC98-456A-8A9D-6BB12C400441.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes same here

I had merc once with same issue, went away on its own after the car completed the adaptation. I’m hoping this the same. Did you do break-in?

Hi,

Any one could find a solution for this issue?
My LC300 is having the same and went to the dealer, checked it and said all good and nothing bad !

I just sold lx570 and bought a new lc300 vx . but I feel the transmission is not smooth. when I first started to step on the gas pedal, I saw that from 1st to 2nd gear and 2nd to 3rd gear jerked. Is your lc300 like that?View attachment 3117171
Same Issue, about to send in for the 3rd service, everytime i raised the question the explaination was different but htey said it's ok. last time took them 3 days and said noise was from bubble in break line and fixed it. Now even more obvious. And one Toyota mechanic told me it's standard offroad feature for 4wd like shock absorber.. I never heard of that my life...

Mine is smooth on acceleration but when about to stop less than 5 kph going to first that first gear is a bit bangy
I had all these issue . now done 30k and it's more obvious. I tried many places, seems more people getting this now than a year ago when i first realize it. can't find a fix or official reply. guess we need push toyota together somehow?

I also have the same issue on my Lc300 model 2023 when slowdown and gear downshifting at low speed around 27 Km. Dealer checked it greased the drive shafts but issue still there. This issue is not appearing on my friends Lc300 means it is not coming on all Lc300 !! It is not normal this is really annoying driver , If any one finds a solution please let us know, thank you

I also have the same issue on my Lc300 model 2023 when slowdown and gear downshifting at low speed around 27 Km. Dealer checked it greased the drive shafts but issue still there. This issue is not appearing on my friends Lc300 means it is not coming on all Lc300 !! It is not normal this is really annoying driver , If any one finds a solution please let us know, thank you
Spoke to a senior mechanic claimed looking after a few states LC300. had number of reports of similar issue, he reckon it's the computer learned the driving habit and adjust the timing of pedal:transmission. He said will reset the computer and most people got it back. Its getting worse in the last 6 mth for mine, so what he said is making some sense, will see what happens after service today.

But i still reckon it shouldn't be like this and not a permanent solution.

Will keep you posted.

I have just one question. Are Toyota team aware of the gear issue can someone reach them to share our consern because this might be an easy fix and dealers are not yet knowing.
A friend of mine has several arguments with the dealer trying to replace the transmission he suspects this is an internal issue on the transmission itself, dealer wants to overhaul the transmission!!
Honestly speaking this clunk is killing driving enjoyment since I bought my LC300 Land Cruiser

Spoke to a senior mechanic claimed looking after a few states LC300. had number of reports of similar issue, he reckon it's the computer learned the driving habit and adjust the timing of pedal:transmission. He said will reset the computer and most people got it back. Its getting worse in the last 6 mth for mine, so what he said is making some sense, will see what happens after service today.

Will keep you posted.
waiting for your response.

H

Will keep you postehe

But i still reckon it shouldn't be like this and not

Will keep you posted.
Hello , did you get a response and hopefully dealt with it ?

23 F sport lx 600 8/23 produced. Normal drive mode. Rolling stop -pedal lag when want to accelerate. Really slow acceleration below 1500rpm from stop. Have to spin to 2k to keep up with traffic. Then it wants surge and run. Response doesnt feel well measured. When decelerating then downshifts rpm go up and pedal is more responsive.. if stopping without downshift again lag in response. Not happy comparison to lc200 in stop and go. Anybody with the same issues? I am at 450 miles and when bought it was 25 so hopefully transmission learned all that in first 25 miles..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom