Need to borrow a radiator tester (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, Evan Is looking to buy a 94 Pontiac Firebird with a V6, what is in the radiator is ugly, car is in great shape runs OK and does not smoke. Does anybody have a radiator tester that I could borrow. Thanks guys

The old DexCool orange that GM used to use in their cooling systems in the 90's is notorious for turning radiators into a brown, gunky mess. On all the GM trucks I owned back then, I did a cheapy Prestone flush and fill kit and replaced with green. No more problems.

On a '96 S10 ZR2 pickup of mine, the overflow tube got completely clogged with brown gunk and the truck started doing weird things like, the heater wouldn't warm up and I could hear a sloshing, bubbling sound in the heater box under the dash. I found the problem, removed the overflow hose, whacked it on the concrete a couple of times and a pile of sludge flew out. Replaced it, flushed out the system and never had another problem. Truck is still running today on the same radiator.

Hey guys, Evan Is looking to buy a 94 Pontiac Firebird with a V6, what is in the radiator is ugly, car is in great shape runs OK and does not smoke. Does anybody have a radiator tester that I could borrow. Thanks guys
V6???? You spelled lt1 wrong....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom