How to disconnect the daytime running lights for a 2001 LX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im not sure if im having the same issue. I purchased 194 model type LED DRL's and they worked fine for a few days then stopped. I noticed that one of the high beams was not working and i replaced it thinking that was the issue but the DRL's are still not working.

When i have the light switched to auto the DRL's do not work. When i set it to the ON position the DRL's work.

Im not sure if i have the correct model 194 LED light for the DRL or if there is a different model i need to use.

Any help is appreciated.

BD9207C5-9713-4D89-B7F8-D14B4D8E6546.jpeg

580FE518-2A0F-4784-AF45-02225A809535.jpeg

UPDATE: I had one of the High Beam go out on me today so i replaced it with a same type Halogen. Now the High Beams are acting like the DRL's. Is there an issue with just letting the High Beams act as DRL? If i park in the garage all the lights come on except the High Beams. If i turn on the High Beams they function normal in the garage and darkness.

Not sure whats going on now but if i can keep using the High Beams as DRL ill be fine with that. Any advice?

UPDATE: I had one of the High Beam go out on me today so i replaced it with a same type Halogen. Now the High Beams are acting like the DRL's. Is there an issue with just letting the High Beams act as DRL? If i park in the garage all the lights come on except the High Beams. If i turn on the High Beams they function normal in the garage and darkness.

Not sure whats going on now but if i can keep using the High Beams as DRL ill be fine with that. Any advice?
From my understanding the high beams are always the DRLs at lower voltage, so sound like yours is working properly now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom