Camping Equipment for Our Trucks (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@lumbee1 what diesel heater are you using? I just starting looking more seriously at them to extend our camping window to basically year round.

I will be building this:

I've already purchased the Apached case ($45) but need to look at Amazon for the diesel heater.

When I was on the Rubicon this year I used a Blueti with 200 watts solar panels to run my Dometic 75 fridge/ freezer for 8 days. It was a great set up but this next year before I go out there I will run dual batteries and a 175 flexible panel to keep them charged.

Have a few changes to do before my next trip there.

I ordered an ECOFLOW RIVER Pro Portable Power Station 720Wh, with Amazon coupon is the same price as my older Jackery but has some newer charging tech that makes it more suitable for me. Will be running some simple charge/discharge tests at home for both.
When I was on the Rubicon this year I used a Blueti with 200 watts solar panels to run my Dometic 75 fridge/ freezer for 8 days. It was a great set up but this next year before I go out there I will run dual batteries and a 175 flexible panel to keep them charged.

Have a few changes to do before my next trip there.
See you in NM next month or are you stuck working up North? You are always welcome.

How loud do you suppose this is?
I don't know but that's one of the items I want to fix. The fuel pump clicks when running.

I made this. A safer alternative to the ubiquitous Hi-lift.

I have an airtronic and it has served me well. I did crunch my quarter panel and slightly damage it though, so I bought a cheap Amazon Chinese one to get me by until I fix it.
Do you have a picture of how you set it up? I assume you hard amounted it?

Do you have a picture of how you set it up? I assume you hard amounted it?
I have a wits end quarter panel mount. I made a bracket and bolted it to the mount in the location designed for an air compressor. I installed it a few years ago and don’t have a pic on my phone

Tested the Ecoflow River Pro to operate a Keurig coffee machine, it works. This is a giant step for mankind.
I really like my Aeropress while camping and at home. I'm not a fan of hot water in plastic but it's a safer option than my glass french press.

I have a wits end quarter panel mount. I made a bracket and bolted it to the mount in the location designed for an air compressor. I installed it a few years ago and don’t have a pic on my phone
I've got 12V behind my rear interior panel with more to come. The diesel heater will sit between the fridge and interior panel and will be completely removeable. I've got a third row seat bracket for the right side that I'm going to reinstall and add a shelf to it.

1664541460879.png

I really like my Aeropress while camping and at home. I'm not a fan of hot water in plastic but it's a safer option than my glass french press.
I have never taken the Keurig camping, but it was more of a stress test on the generator that I have seen from the vanlife diva-people. But now that it works.....It is convenient and easy. I use 2 pods per day when I dont use the drip at home.

For camping I have always used drip system, easy to clean and quick, the paper and grounds into garbage and hot water to clean it. This little thing has served me for years.
Amazon product ASIN B00RDDKVVA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom