Favorite Mechanic for Land Cruiser in Dallas, Tx (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Nothing urgent but am about to be done with the 25,000 miles of "free" service from the initial purchase. Was wondering if there are any Toyota shops. outside of dealerships, that are highly regarded in Dallas.

I am interested in this as well. I started taking my LC to the Sewell Lexus dealership for service because Toyota dealership service has been so bad. It is more expensive but the service could not be better.

My go-to Land Cruiser tech is Goode’s Offroad in Rowlett/Garland. They’re one street over from Cool Cruisers of Texas too. Michael Goode is a former Mastertech at Toyota of Dallas and has pretty fair prices and quality service.

I know some DFW LC guys also go to Baertrax, Tandem Automotive, and Dajda’s Auto Care.

Dealership wise, I’ve liked Freeman Toyota and Toyota of Dallas.

My go-to Land Cruiser tech is Goode’s Offroad in Rowlett/Garland. They’re one street over from Cool Cruisers of Texas too. Michael Goode is a former Mastertech at Toyota of Dallas and has pretty fair prices and quality service.

I know some DFW LC guys also go to Baertrax, Tandem Automotive, and Dajda’s Auto Care.

Thanks for the info. I will check these out.

I am interested in this as well. I started taking my LC to the Sewell Lexus dealership for service because Toyota dealership service has been so bad. It is more expensive but the service could not be better.

I completely understand. I had a ES 350 (now handed down to my son when I got the LC) purchased new from Sewell and serviced at Sewell), wife has an RX 350 purchased from Park Place, which we service at Sewell.

It is a major step into the unwashed masses, going from Lexus service to Toyota service. Suffice it to say, you can get spoiled very easily in the Lexus dealerships but you definitely pay for the luxury.

I doubt that Sewell or a Toyota Dealer will do any mods, so that is why I am asking in addition to basic maintenance at a reasonable price.

The closest "Lexus" experience will be at Longo Toyota of Prosper. Trust me, it is worth the drive.

For larger jobs, I've taken my LC to Davenport in Plano.

thx for the info!! good to know

yes Baertrax has a great reputation

Does Goodes do body work and/or accessories ... I want to move forward with a lift and sliders and a couple other things but I’m hesitant on who to trust ....

Can also vouch for Mike Goode at Goode's off-road. He did a full top end rebuild on my supercharged 80 and the truck was returned to me in better condition than when I took it in, a rarity. Attention to detail, very busy shop, so you gotta be patient. This is coming from a picky owner - I've done all my own work on this truck for the past 10 years leading up to what Mike did for me.

They do everything - maintenance and mechanical, mods, and full resto's.

I appreciate all of the info on this thread. I just moved to Dallas this year and I've got an 88 FJ62 that needs some work. Will be heading over to Goodes in the next few weeks. Cheers

Park Place Lexus Plano - Service Manager (drives a lifted 470, highly modded 80 and wife a lifted modded GX) and Shop forman a highly modded 80.

Mod friendly dealer with great service.

Park Place Lexus Plano - Service Manager (drives a lifted 470, highly modded 80 and wife a lifted modded GX) and Shop forman a highly modded 80.

Mod friendly dealer with great service.
Called Park Place Lexus and they report that they do not do any LC mods. Is there a specific contact person there?

Pat Lobb in McKinney is mod friendly. Their service director drives a 200 and he talked me into the OEM spacer to level the front. If you drive around the rear of the dealership you will see heavily modded 60s, 80s 100s and even a 55 in the back. The 4 times I've been there for service on my 200 I've been happy - It's busy, but they set the wait time expectation well.
Just my personal experience, YMMV.

Longo is great for service, but when I inquired about a spacers install they couldn’t find anyone with experience and said it would be $1200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom