SOLD Atlanta Area, 1964 FJ40 FST - REDUCED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Red
At this phase of life, I have decided to reduce my Landcruisers from 3 to 1 due to lack of time and just not using them enough to justify keeping them. The first one I’ve decided to sell is my 1964 FST. Only listing here for a week as I would like this to stay in the mud community, then will move to other platforms.
$25.8k firm on price to save the back and forth. I have the title in hand.

The truck was fully rotisserie restored, including engine rebuild around 11 years ago.
This truck’s restoration is fully documented over 164 pages here on mud - destins 1964 fj40 FST restore thread - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/destins-1964-fj40-fst-restore-thread.297786/

I purchased the truck directly from Destin around 5 years ago as I loved following the restoration process and shipped it to the Atlanta area. Since then, it has mostly been sitting in my garage. I think I’ve put on less than 200 miles.

Truck runs and stops very well. Cosmetically, the truck is very nice, but keep in mind this is an 11-year-old restoration where the PO did use this truck regularly so it’s not perfect. Hopefully the flaws are captured in the photos and videos, for instance the paint is thin on the fenders and hood.

Work that’s been performed since owning:
  • Brakes fully rebuilt with new cylinders, shoes, and master cylinder – I paid a Landcruiser shop to do this work
  • Soft top re-done with new windows and D-rings and straps. I paid a shop to do this, and the work was just ok. The soft-top itself is very high quality. I have a trollhole top (which I love) on another truck and the quality of this top is superior. Top is older and not perfect but very nice
  • Stainless steel hubcaps
  • New fuel line from tank to fuel filter. New fuel filter and housing
  • Newer battery
  • Rebuilt original starter
  • Items I’ve tracked down over time; rearview mirror, horns and brackets, tailgate chain, misc items like missing bolts, stoppers on jump seats, etc
Known issues with the truck:
  • Horns do not work – horns and brackets were missing when I purchased, I tracked them down and installed. Believe the issue is wiring from the steering column.
  • 4-wheel drive – cable is disconnected – I haven’t investigated it. Transfer case shifts fine.
  • Left windshield wiper acts a little erratic – I believe it’s a ground issue, but have it disconnected
  • Cosmetic issues; thinning paint on fenders and hood, interior worn paint, mild cracking on passenger seat leather
  • Aftermarket heater is not connected - please see pics for how coolant hoses are routed
  • Missing one soft door plexiglass part that holds up plexiglass
  • Oil pressure gauge not working
Happy to answer any question or take additional photos or videos.
I welcome and encourage a professional inspection of the truck. Would prefer a face-to-face transaction so the buyer can look the truck over and see what they are purchasing. Truck is sold as is with no implied warranty.

Photo library (working on loading videos):

04B7E295-2476-434F-B94F-B333AE30434C.jpeg

Last edited:
such a steal, I’m amazed it hasn’t sold. Have you had it on other sites? I have always had good luck with Hemmings. Ebay not as much but it can never hurt. Have also used consignment places nearby when I have needed to make space.

Good luck with the sale!

such a steal, I’m amazed it hasn’t sold. Have you had it on other sites? I have always had good luck with Hemmings. Ebay not as much but it can never hurt. Have also used consignment places nearby when I have needed to make space.

Good luck with the sale!
Shhh! I’m hoping the price drops a bit more.

Thanks for the feedback guys. The list of repairs is pretty minor, but if the consensus is this is holding a sale up, I can get them knocked out.

Thanks for the feedback guys. The list of repairs is pretty minor, but if the consensus is this is holding a sale up, I can get them knocked out.
I’m not so sure that of the problem. I always purchase fst models and unfortunately they just do not bring good money. Most northern states buyers will not touch them. They all want hardtop trucks. I do not drive my trucks in the winter so I never seem to care.

I’m not so sure that of the problem. I always purchase fst models and unfortunately they just do not bring good money. Most northern states buyers will not touch them. They all want hardtop trucks. I do not drive my trucks in the winter so I never seem to care.
That’s true

I’m also a bit picky who it goes to. I‘ve had some non-old car owning people interested but I’ve talked them out of it.
Given it’s long mud history would love for it to go to a mud member.

How is this still for sale? Wish I had the funds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom