Wanted Scepter 10L military fuel cans “runts” (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

swamp-thing

SILVER Star
Threads
i’m looking for a couple-few Scepter Fuel cans in the 10L ( 2.5 gallon ) Runt size.

I’m changing things up on my rig and looking to use the smaller cans if I can find some.

There are some online sources for new ones, but figured I check here first…

Cheers!

Oh, They look like this:

8B8B822B-47A7-4719-96FF-ED41A679EB81.jpeg

Have never seen these. Please let me know if you find, now I also want one.

Thank you @newtomelx I could be mis-informed but I believe the water jug does not hold fuel as secure as the fuel jug does ( different cap/lid system? ) I am open to education as this would be a great way to go if I can.... I want these on a roof rack so leaking is not an option I am okay with haha

Thank you @newtomelx I could be mis-informed but I believe the water jug does not hold fuel as secure as the fuel jug does ( different cap/lid system? ) I am open to education as this would be a great way to go if I can.... I want these on a roof rack so leaking is not an option I am okay with haha
I'm pretty sure the plastic is formulated differently for fuel vice non-fuel, as well as the seals/cap/lid have to prevent vapor loss. Otherwise... wouldn't that be fun when lighting a tobacco/non-tobacco product... or static discharge? It'd be like the gas station scene in 3000 Miles To Graceland.... :popcorn:

I'm pretty sure the plastic is formulated differently for fuel vice non-fuel, as well as the seals/cap/lid have to prevent vapor loss. Otherwise... wouldn't that be fun when lighting a tobacco/non-tobacco product... or static discharge? It'd be like the gas station scene in 3000 Miles To Graceland.... :popcorn:
He is correct, the water cans have foodsafe lining, the fuel cans are different and for those you have to get through Canadian resources s they are not for sale here in the US when I ordered mine a few years back

@swamp-thing If you do stumble across any used ones, the accessories are not restricted, and can be shipped to you from Canada. Viton gasket for gasoline, new cap assemblies, pour spouts, all of that crap.
REI sells the baby (10L) water cans too if anyone at least wants to lay hands on one. I think they want $69.99 for them though which is nuts.

Not interested in the metal cans? Wavian makes good stuff.

i am considering wavian as a very viable alternative. if i didn’t already have scepter 10l & 20l water, 5gal. fuel jugs, & spouts etc. i would probably switch mostly for price point and accessibility…

who knows i may have the one 10l runt I do own now for sale soon if i can’t find a few mates for it!

Just in case you change your mind, here is a place with Wavian 10l cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom