What is the largest tire I can fit with no lift? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think it's the variability in tire actual sizes thta causes some of the confusion on this topic. I would somewhat get MTs fitting differently than ATs, but the brand to brand differences are frustrating. (I guess it's not dissimilar to differences in clothes and shoes, which is also annoying!)
right which specific to the ko2 birthed the population of weekend warriors (myself included) that got big eyes at the prospect of fitting 34ish tires with low effort/no effort.

glad to be wrong on this too but I thought I remembered reading that there was a specific allure to the ko2 in the 295/70/18 because the end up sizing a smidge smaller in real life than other manufacturers/tire models in this size.

also, didn't the wheelers bump stops in the front help making sure the washer bottle didn't get smashed.
Yes the Wheeler's extended bumpstops fixed it.
KO2s just generally as a rule run smaller than other tires.

I would dearly love 36s on my Cruiser, but yes I did mean 295/70 (changed in the post). So I'd need to mod the washer bottle as well, I though that was just for 35s? Did you do 1.25 spacers? At some point doesn't that push them far out enough to rub something else like the fender edge or something?
Just 1" spacer was enough, not enough to cause fender interference. Stock wheels had enough room for the studs to poke out a bit.

right which specific to the ko2 birthed the population of weekend warriors (myself included) that got big eyes at the prospect of fitting 34ish tires with low effort/no effort.
Haha, I guess count me in that cohort! So now who has 295/75/18 KO2s on oe rims that can comment?

Just 1" spacer was enough, not enough to cause fender interference. Stock wheels had enough room for the studs to poke out a bit.
What position did you place the bump stops. Front or rear position

Has anyone tried Nitto Ridge Grappler 275/70/18? I like them as they are much quieter and rides a bit smoother than the KO's, I hvae the 285/65 on now on my 18.
Wondering if 275 will rub.

I'm running ko2 305/65/18 and 1.25" Boras - I have the bottle rub issue - are these the bump stops you are referencing?

I'm running ko2 305/65/18 and 1.25" Boras - I have the bottle rub issue - are these the bump stops you are referencing?

Negative.
They look like this:

Screenshots_2022-09-21-14-59-19.png

to be clear- even though these say 2007+ they work for the 100 (in my case 2001)? Just wanted to double check before pulling the trigger, excited to get this rub problem solved.

Has anyone tried Nitto Ridge Grappler 275/70/18? I like them as they are much quieter and rides a bit smoother than the KO's, I hvae the 285/65 on now on my 18.
275/70/18 is a 33" tire and will fit without rubbing. It's probably the most common aftermarket size being ran on 100's with 18" wheels.

275/70/18 is a 33" tire and will fit without rubbing. It's probably the most common aftermarket size being ran on 100's with 18" wheels.
While some larger tires vary enough between brands to have some rub while others don't, I've never heard of any 275 70r18s rubbing.

Yeah I ran that size RG for awhile. I recently went back to 285/65/18 for a couple reasons. See my latest post in my build thread, link in my signature. The 275s were taller but otherwise worse.

to be clear- even though these say 2007+ they work for the 100 (in my case 2001)? Just wanted to double check before pulling the trigger, excited to get this rub problem solved.

03+ 4Runner, 07-14 FJ Cruiser, 05+ Tacoma & 07+ Tundra

SKU: WOR-306949
Checked and this is what I bought.

The White Rhino got some new shoes (275/70/R18 Goodyear Territory MT)...no rubs, but the tech that installed the tires said the spare wouldn't fit. I have a factory installed hitch, so I guess I am going out to figure out how to make this work.

Before
97D8BB6A-2E9C-4E9D-9CDE-C75F5DAEC68F.jpeg

After - I am super stoked about how the tires fill out the wheel wells...now just to get the spare situated.

tempImageBYVfUz.jpg

Last edited:
275/70/R18 - Aired down A LOT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom