Cruiserparts Fails Again (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had a bad experience with a shop that lost one of my hub covers. I decided to order a used one from Cruiserparts, against my better judgement. A few years ago, I bought a used fuel door from them and when it arrived, it was bent and unusable. I had left it in the box for a while while I was doing some work, so when I let them know, they told me it had been too long and wouldn't replace it. Understandable, but disappointing considering it was clearly damaged and should never have been sent in the first place.

I received the hub cover a couple days ago and was absolutely shocked when I un packaged it. Now, I've bought used parts before and understand that there will be wear, discoloring, nicks etc, but this part looks like it was part of a car fire. I emailed them and let them know how disappointed I was that they thought it acceptable to fulfill my order with a piece of trash. I received an email this morning letting me know that they would send me an aftermarket one, so long as I sent the other one back, at my cost presumably. The most bizarre part of this was that they attached a link to the aftermarket part page, which has a image of the nice, new part and a picture of an old, crappy one to illustrate the difference. and the image of the crappy one is the actual image I sent them of the part they sent me. Someone decided that this was a reasonable use of my image.

I'm sure many of you have had great experiences with them, however, I'm done and want to share so others can avoid these kinds of experiences. Fool me once....

2022-08-31 14.14.47.jpg

cruiserparts2.JPG

4 years after they f’ed up my first and last order, they’re still at it. If not for their url and data phobic types, they’d be dodo birdie.

Sorry dude!

I've ordered a few times from them and always been fairly satisfied. The only time I received a broken item they made good on it. I just take into account that any time I order any used parts, whether it be from them or anyone else I just take for granted that the part will need some work. I ordered an entire set of used caps from them a while back because for some reason the previous owner thought it looked cool to not have them. I got used ones and they looked about like yours. About half a day with some scotch brite, a can of duplilcolor silver and clear from autozone and a small bottle of gold paint from hobby lobby and I was in business. They're just used parts, sometimes you just luckier than others. By the way, I've never been to impressed with the way the aftermarket ones fit. Had a couple of them and ended up replacing them with used originals.

used parts are just that..used. couldn't you have just painted it?

You'all realize they are a scrap yard (recycling center?) in the rust belt in New England right? Its not like they get pick of the litter from SoCal to pick from.
They take in crap we ourselves would send to the knackers and then sell parts off them, that's what they do....

I guess if I still lived right over the mountain from them it wouldn't be too bad; just pick out the bits I wanted in person. Russian Roulette through the mail sucks.

1662145015398.png

You'all realize they are a scrap yard (recycling center?) in the rust belt in New England right? Its not like they get pick of the litter from SoCal to pick from.
They take in crap we ourselves would send to the knackers and then sell parts off them, that's what they do....
Exactly.

I've ordered a few times from them and always been fairly satisfied. The only time I received a broken item they made good on it. I just take into account that any time I order any used parts, whether it be from them or anyone else I just take for granted that the part will need some work. I ordered an entire set of used caps from them a while back because for some reason the previous owner thought it looked cool to not have them. I got used ones and they looked about like yours. About half a day with some scotch brite, a can of duplilcolor silver and clear from autozone and a small bottle of gold paint from hobby lobby and I was in business. They're just used parts, sometimes you just luckier than others. By the way, I've never been to impressed with the way the aftermarket ones fit. Had a couple of them and ended up replacing them with used originals.
Yeah, I get that a lot of these places are dismantlers and they tell someone to pull a part and stick it in a box. You would hope that there is some level of quality control where someone says "Is this an acceptable used replacement for our customer?" I have patience for mistakes, we all make them. I have less patience for excuses and terrible customer service.

That sucks man. I'm sorry.

But stealing your photo is pretty hilarious 😂😂
Yeah, honestly it made me laugh at just how ridiculous it was. It was literally one day after I sent the image that it was on the site. I imagined the conversation in their office. "OMG, look at this PoS that we sent this guy". "Dude, post that on the new part page!"

Interesting timing- I am on the cusp of putting a similar thread for this vendor up.

Expectations were low, but I did expect something after being charged immediately for the order. When nothing is shipped, no communication received, and they respond to nothing, that is another matter.

I’ve read lots of threads like this. Plenty of options for new and used parts. Ordering from cruiser parts.net is a rookie move. I did it multiple times with limited results.

For what it is worth, I was finally able to get in contact with them and cancel/refund order with no drama. They were having trouble sourcing the parts that I ordered.

I’ve read lots of threads like this. Plenty of options for new and used parts. Ordering from cruiser parts.net is a rookie move. I did it multiple times with limited resul

For what it is worth, I was finally able to get in contact with them and cancel/refund order with no drama. They were having trouble sourcing the parts that I ordered.
I had used them quite a bit years ago but stopped because, more than anything, their QC was just bad. They were sending parts that really were borderline between used and trash. Even if they have a good return policy, the hassle of it all just made me choose better sources for parts. I've had the best experience with Specter, a mostly positive experience with eBay and even craigslist.

Maybe someone should organize a trail ride...to their front door. All the people who got ripped off by them, then descend upon their junkyard like a horde of locusts.
That is totally not cool what htey did, but at least they cropped your foot out :worms:

Thought I would add my recent order. They first said they needed $59 more due to incorrect invoice (internet price)... then finally admitted that their supplier price went up, so I would have to pay the higher price.... Of course, wasted 2 weeks of my time to tell me of this issue.

Capddture.JPG

Captursssde.JPG

I once ordered a NOS bonnet release cable for a RHD 60, they came back to say it was long out of stock, and offered me a used one for about 50 % more.

In fairness, I did get a new license plate light for an swing out back door 60 from them for a good price not so long ago, which was just NLA, probably worth double that now.

Their website is good for pictures of unusual items.

I had used them quite a bit years ago but stopped because, more than anything, their QC was just bad. They were sending parts that really were borderline between used and trash. Even if they have a good return policy, the hassle of it all just made me choose better sources for parts. I've had the best experience with Specter, a mostly positive experience with eBay and even craigslist.

They were kind enough to send me photos of what they planned to ship, which looked pretty bad. I turned the order off and they issued the refund quickly thereafter. Ultimately no issues, but I won't be going back.

My best luck in terms of price to quality for NLA parts has been just to post a WTB ad on here. Not kidding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom