Builds SLOW 71 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Back on the road, sorta.... Georg at Valley Hybrids finished up early and got me going today, I made it to Sacramento and now waiting for Jeri to fly in tomorrow. The new transfer case is awesome, so quite and man I like the drop in rpm on the highway. I forgot how quite it should have been, this is the right decision for the type of camping, traveling, four wheeling we do. In case some of you didn't know I had the 4:1 low gears installed, which also had made the high gear an underdrive gear, so I sorta lost my 5th gear overdrive. The biggest problem for me were the 4:1 gears are straight cut gears and made a ton of highway noise. If a guy were building a true off road buggy type vehicle the 4:1 are what you want.

I want to thank Georg and the guys in the shop for putting up with me this week, I had a ball hanging out and talking with all the cool guys coming in, not to mention the hot girls in the office which made paying the bill that much easier. Everybody knew their job and things just seemed to run smooth, front to back. :beer: I'm sure I'll be back!
More info on this please , What x case were you running ( split case ) or stock , or ???? Pismo beach ? Also your 55 is what all of us guys want ! Safe trails 2 you .

also good info on Straight cut gears , I did not know that

Yes a split case from a fj62, also running the PTO box. We're going north, it's called Usal Beach, above Ft. Bragg. The stock gears are so much more quite than those 4:1 gears, but they do work when you need to creepy crawl. The newer 3:1 gear doesn't have the straight cut gear, but does need to have the case machined to fit the gears like the 4:1 gears.

Georg can set you up!

I had a ball hanging out and talking with all the cool guys coming in, not to mention the hot girls in the office which made paying the bill that much easier.
Show them girls your thread with the 20 posts about poop and you might get 1 of them up in that RTT.

Yeah, that wouldn't be cool. Jeesh. :) I never thought about the SLOW71 thread as being a pickup tool. :hmm: I might have to delete a few things first or add some more baby goat pictures.

IMG_2955.JPG

:doh:, wrong one. Here you go.

IMG_3416.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom