Builds 1977 FJ40 - USA Spec Restoration - Father & Son Project - AKA "Belle" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the fenders, trans hump, windshield frame, hood, grill, ect. all sandblasted and primed with some epoxy primer. I hope to get some color on it soon and get this thing on the road this summer.

IMG_3333.jpg

IMG_3335.jpg

IMG_3336.jpg

IMG_3337.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

I don't want to hiyack my own thread but here is little project I just finshed. I built two drawer truck bed camper for my dad and his 2004 Tacoma.

IMG_4108.jpg

IMG_4104.jpg

IMG_4103.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Finally got some time today to work on the 40. Had to drill out some broke bolts I missed when I had it sandblasted and painted. It took FOREVER to drill them out and retap them, but I am glad to get the tail lights in. I also cleaned up the glove box door and a couple dash knobs and installed them.

IMG_4555.jpg

IMG_4554.jpg

IMG_4553.jpg

IMG_4551.jpg

Anyone know where I can get the female mate for this tail light plugs? The PO cut the rear wiring harness and I need to rebuld it. I found a website a few months ago but forgot to bookmark it and can't seem to find it again. Thanks!

IMG_4550.jpg

I've been so busy I haven't had time to post a pic of my new ride... 2008 200 series. I love it!!!

0006.jpg

0007.jpg

Anyone know where I can get the female mate for this tail light plugs? The PO cut the rear wiring harness and I need to rebuld it. I found a website a few months ago but forgot to bookmark it and can't seem to find it again. Thanks!

View attachment 3122251
@Coolerman should have what your looking for.

I got the FJ40 and FJ55 out today for some fresh air. I put the orginal steelie rims with 33's on it. I am trying to decide which rims I want to put on which FJ. The 33's look too big on the FJ40 to me. What do you guys think? Maybe I just need to get use to it, but the 33's look too big to me

IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_4584.jpg

I'm thinking I will put the FJ60 rims on the FJ55 with 33's and the steelies on the the FJ40 with 33's or 31x10.50. What do you guys think?

IMG_4581.jpg

IMG_4580.jpg

What do you guys think about this 16 inch steelies? They are a little pricey. Is there any advantage to 16's other than more tire options?

Have you read this thread yet?

Have you read this thread yet?

Just read it. Thank you!

I have heard great things about them and that is a good deal, but I don't like the way they look.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom