Upholstery Ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I really want to consider converting my two front seats, rear benches and side doors to a saddle-type leather. I love what FJ.co has done with their Rustic Green but certainly can't afford (need) something that high-end.

Is this color something that can be replicated or found at a shop? Can I preserve the foam? Any ideas on costs to do it right - maybe upgrade a little from stock (I'm not even sure what quality the OEM is?).

Please let me know if anyone has worked on a project like this or has the knowledge to opine. Thx vm.

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 6.48.36 PM.png

Would don't you call around to auto upholstery shops and find out?
yeah I just wanted to learn a bit more to know exactly what I'm looking for / asking and ensure it's the right quality and someone who has some experience with older trucks?

That color in the photo is called Coral. Off the top of my head Cruiser Corps and Specter Off Road have upholstery available in that color. I don't have personal experience but I've heard good things about both. It's vinyl so cost shouldn't be too terrible if you were to get it done locally.
Cruisercorps quality is very nice-I have Coral in mine from CC. I think they just had/are on sale.

Last edited:
You're right. SOR is most reviewed and available. I need to ask them if they sell insert material (Coral) for driver and passenger door panels as it's not offered in the stock kit and leaving black/grey may look odd? Thanks!

Upholstery shops are typically less expensive than you think. They can completely make seat covers using your old ones as a pattern. They have swatches of fabric, vinyl, and leather you can choose from. Basically you are cutting out the middle man when you go to one of these local shops. Many of them can also do spring and foam repairs. If you have a local cruiser group they may provide a recommendation for a good shop. Body shops that work on old cars can also point you to good upholstery shops.

Upholstery shops are typically less expensive than you think. They can completely make seat covers using your old ones as a pattern. They have swatches of fabric, vinyl, and leather you can choose from. Basically you are cutting out the middle man when you go to one of these local shops. Many of them can also do spring and foam repairs. If you have a local cruiser group they may provide a recommendation for a good shop. Body shops that work on old cars can also point you to good upholstery shops.
I think this has changed lately. A buddy got a quote to do a Datsun pickup bench seat in summer 2020. Finally took it and the quote in last week and they laughed. Went from $500-600 then up to $1400+ now.

Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom