Builds 76 Fj40 Face Lift (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Matt…😎

It was buried beneath a few layers of previous usage. All the ancillary parts seem to be in good order. I’ll know more when I start taking it apart.
Just a friendly reminder:

I stock and sell Transfer case rebuild kits.😊

Last edited:
Just a friendly reminder:

I stock and sell Transfer case rebuild kits.

My “go to”..

Adjective Informal.

being a person who can be turned to for expert knowledge, advice, or reliable performance, especially in a crucial situation: He's our go-to guy in a budget crisis.

noting something that can always be relied on to bring satisfaction, success, or good results.

(in team sports) being a player who can be relied on to score, especially at a crucial time in the game.

In beer drinking, can open a long neck with a butane lighter.

OK, I added that last part..🙄

1663021715127.png

Last edited:
i use PURPLE POWER degreaser from home depot Donald , its great stuff when combined with a pressure washer for sure !

Last edited:
More of the days effort. Difficulty in the one man show is “grunt force vice camera man”.
What started as a genuine effort to document quickly turned into a last chance effort into what the hells the use.

Soo, l‘ll skip forward to post slippery hands, scratching of the head and checking my saved threads on Mud.
Pics are for those that are visually entertained.

Results (later) will be posted…😎

CF717BDA-DCF1-4EBE-83D7-3E2AB2A1A52C.jpeg

314A8127-89FF-45DE-A416-4A22740BEBB5.jpeg

I just didn’t have enough hands to capture the destruction. I did learn that the 12mm ratchet, Pb, Kroil, and a Neanderthal mind set will take you places…

So, fast forward to mission complete. Everything is disassembled, coated with a lube, tucked away and ready for a sophomoric reassembly. This was a practice/learning/pray for success piece of Toyota legacy.

Learned a great deal from this. IE, don’t let the Mini-Fridge stand in you way of success.

😎

8A7805BF-5131-4BDD-8C82-EA53AD28F2B6.jpeg

Sooo, lessons from the YOTA-Verse. Go big, go heavey and go often.

What I noticed was on this “spare”, was a wee bit unexpected.

IE. None of the gasket surfaces had any FIPG. Interesting..🤔 Heres a gasket that I removed to illustrate my observation(s). Not sure what I expected but, I thought there would be a trace of the “orange”…

In any event, it was a good hands on lesson without sacrificing time/$$$/effort…

2776ED18-961F-407D-A37D-5EE1FFB99469.jpeg

Last edited:
If the output shaft separated from the rear output bearing without the use of a puller or a press, that is not a good sign.

If the output shaft separated from the rear output bearing without the use of a puller or a press, that is not a good sign.

Mr Mark, I’ve been away from the enchanted kingdom and will return next week. If memory serves me right, and it often doesn’t, I was able to remove the low speed output gear then remove the output shaft as an assembly without separating the rear out put bearing. Does that sound right? I may not be describing this correctly so I’ll shoot a few pics of what I have (or didn’t do) when I get back. Thanks for the “Eye in the Sky”..🙂

Mr Mark, I’ve been away from the enchanted kingdom and will return next week. If memory serves me right, and it often doesn’t, I was able to remove the low speed output gear then remove the output shaft as an assembly without separating the rear out put bearing. Does that sound right? I may not be describing this correctly so I’ll shoot a few pics of what I have (or didn’t do) when I get back. Thanks for the “Eye in the Sky”..🙂
I hope wherever you are, you’re having a good time being there.😊

I hope wherever you are, you’re having a good time being there.😊

Yes Sir..Took a trip down to the Greenbrier Plateau. Mixed a Med appointment with a mini vacation. We’ve been road tripping to Lewisburg Wv for the past 22 years or so. Always stay at the General Lewis Inn or occasionally at the Greenbrier. Magic place….It’s the beginning of fall and the souther mountains are starting to show color. I left and it was summer, got back and it’s fall.

The doc had some alarming news though. Apparently, I’m getting old. I’m going to get a second opinion to verify. 😉

The doc had some alarming news though. Apparently, I’m getting old. I’m going to get a second opinion to verify. 😉
Definitely! YMMV

In my case, I started hearing that sheit from the doctors two decades ago, the first time I threw my back out. Fortunately, when it comes to all things medical, I am more stubborn than the doctors are smart, and I live by the motto that when someone says no, I’m talking to the wrong person. See my sig line: when your aspirations meet your limitations, the one you embrace defines you.
Im still beating old, 20 years later (Wednesday): 14 mile hike, 32K steps, 3100 feet of elevation gain.

Last edited:
Yes Sir..Took a trip down to the Greenbrier Plateau. Mixed a Med appointment with a mini vacation. We’ve been road tripping to Lewisburg Wv for the past 22 years or so. Always stay at the General Lewis Inn or occasionally at the Greenbrier. Magic place….It’s the beginning of fall and the souther mountains are starting to show color. I left and it was summer, got back and it’s fall.

We made a trip out to Canaan Valley last weekend. Starting to look a lot like fall up there. It was nice and cool. I’m headed to Rowlesburg on the 7-8th for a fly in camping trip if you’re around. I’m debating driving the cruiser out, but might just get a ride with a buddy! 😉

I’m doing a “range day” down in Fairmont On Friday (trap/skeet), Parkersburg on Saturday but I’ll be back in the Land of Nod early Sunday AM. Will you still be here on Sunday?

@huminajumina

Last edited:
We made a trip out to Canaan Valley last weekend. Starting to look a lot like fall up there. It was nice and cool. I’m headed to Rowlesburg on the 7-8th for a fly in camping trip if you’re around. I’m debating driving the cruiser out, but might just get a ride with a buddy! 😉
We’re talking about a trip over to Canaan for a foliage tour. The entire drive from Alpine over through Elkins to Canaan and home is awsome this time of year.

I still have the top off of the Mule. Trying by force of will to add a few extra warm days into OCT. We usually get a week or so of “Indian Summer” before the 1st big frost/early snow.

This weekend looks good for your fishing trip. The Cheat River has been producing some very nice fish. Water is a little high right now but, it should be just right fri/sat.

Theres a rumor that “The Thirsty Bear” in Rowlesburg serves up a cold beverage in the evenings. Can’t confirm or deny it.😁

Definitely! YMMV
Im still beating old, 20 years later (Wednesday): 14 mile hike, 32K steps, 3100 feet of elevation gain.

Well, my mileage did vary…

Went on the 1st bird hunt of the season. 8.6 miles on the GPS toting a 7lb Browning O/U, a liter of H20, and a box of #6 through Pennsylvania farmland. Ended with less water, less shells and a few Chukars in the game bag. 🙂

Early season and the sorghum is chest high, so it’s like fighting your way through a field of Vaseline…

Not sure who was more “whooped”, me or my buddies dog.

@Jdc1

162A1D6E-81A0-40A8-B4DE-0272E6F96C97.jpeg

Well, my mileage did vary…

Went on the 1st bird hunt of the season. 8.6 miles on the GPS toting a 7lb Browning O/U, a liter of H20, and a box of #6 through Pennsylvania farmland. Ended with less water, less shells and a few Chukars in the game bag. 🙂

Early season and the sorghum is chest high, so it’s like fighting your way through a field of Vaseline…

Not sure who was more “whooped”, me or my buddies dog.

@Jdc1

View attachment 3131757
That’s awesome. I’ve spent the last 2 weekends in the UP making an attempt at bagging a grouse. My oldest dog is doing everything in his power to make sure that we don’t come home with anything and that includes getting skunked.

Didn't know Pennsylvania had chukars, always thought they were a mountain west game bird. Haven't gone out yet, the grasses and weeds are very dry and tall and not excited to take a dog to the vet to get an ear seed out. Hopefully we get some moisture soon to soften things up a bit.

Didn't know Pennsylvania had chukars, always thought they were a mountain west game bird. Haven't gone out yet, the grasses and weeds are very dry and tall and not excited to take a dog to the vet to get an ear seed out. Hopefully we get some moisture soon to soften things up a bit.

Scratch hunts. Hold overs from weekend pen hunts. We go and “Clean up a bit”. 🙄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom