She’s Home Again! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kept finding more rust:
IMG_0506.jpeg

IMG_0428.jpeg

IMG_0906.JPG

IMG_1554.jpeg

IMG_1594.jpeg

But she's coming along.

Love it! Keep it coming!

Back when I said I took the tub off and lost integrity got up with me this week. When replacing the rear sill I researched the forum and found 41" was the opening for the rear. There's what I did and the barn doors wouldn't overlap! I was off about 1/4"! :bang:

There was no way I was going to tear things up and start over so I had to modified the barn doors! Here they are being fitted.

Then the hinges wouldn't fit so had to have them lengthened.

IMG_1614.jpeg

But Success! At least for now anyway. problems could arise later getting the top to fit but figured and 1/8" on both sides might be doable. Time will tell.

Installed to double check the fit. Still work to do but progress.

IMG_1650.jpeg

IMG_1617.jpeg

Still more work on these too!

Does anybody know where to get screws like the originals? I need eight! I also found but didn't use the latch screws. Maybe someone has some they're not using?

View attachment 3121482
With such good metalwork I would treat it to Overland Metric hardware -https://www.overlandmetric.com/collections/stainless-hardware-kits/products/copy-of-tire-carrier-box-frame-years-1971-76-marine-grade-stainless-fj40.

Otherwise, Belmetric.

Does anybody know where to get screws like the originals? I need eight! I also found but didn't use the latch screws. Maybe someone has some they're not using?

View attachment 3121482
That's too easy - Toyota still sells them.
91651-40820
Swap out the last two digits for 14, 16, 18, 20, 25, etc and you can get various lengths with the exact same style, which is captured lock washer and flat washer. The ones pictured on left are aftermarket.

The opposing side with the philips style head (JIS) is:

93210-16016 - screw
94511-00600 - lock washer
94611-10600 - flat washer

Last edited:
That's too easy - Toyota still sells them.
91651-40820
Swap out the last two digits for 14, 16, 18, 20, 25, etc and you can get various lengths with the exact same style, which is captured lock washer and flat washer. The ones pictured on left are aftermarket.

The opposing side with the philips style head (JIS) is:

93210-16016 - screw
94511-00600 - lock washer
94611-10600 - flat washer
Unless my memory is failing me I believe there is an M8 screw or 2 (with associated lock and flat washer) needed for the catch part of the latch.

With such good metalwork I would treat it to Overland Metric hardware -https://www.overlandmetric.com/collections/stainless-hardware-kits/products/copy-of-tire-carrier-box-frame-years-1971-76-marine-grade-stainless-fj40.

Otherwise, Belmetric.
The hex head bolts you see in the pic are from Overland! I never clicked on the link for stainless steel to see the kits the have! Thanks!

And thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement!

I don't have a spray booth and there are none to be rented locally so I was hoping to try spraying some test color before the weather changed. Now it's looking iffy. And if you haven't heard, the wind blows a lot here in Wyoming!. Color may have to wait until 2023. Tons of work to do either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom