Droopy Sun Visor Solutions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My driver's side sun visor started drooping and have resorted to a bungee cord hooked to the sunroof to keep it up. I have been unsuccessful finding an acceptable replacement. The aftermarket ones look cheap and the used ones I've seen are in rough shape and waaaay overpriced. I don't want to attempt a repair of mine until I understand the problem better. Anyone have experience with this issue and a proper fix?

Buy once, cry once … Rosen Visors

They are pricey, but they’ll be the last visors you buy. Also, they are aircraft quality. Boeing uses the same visors in their aircraft. Love them!!

EA0E5CF7-15CD-4F9D-BDCC-F250009A1B67.png

Last edited:
If you go LS400 or Ls430

I sell clip and mount kits to take care of the misalignment so you can use the visor swung out.

Non-US market visors are still available and pretty cheap. I like them better than the thick velour ones we got anyway. Only drawback is the tiny non-kit mirror.

View attachment 3121551

View attachment 3121552

Jason
Those look really nice. I've seen vinyl ones on eBay but they don't appear to be as nice as the ones in your pics. Where did you order them from? ToyotaPartsDeal has new visors available still but they are $200 apiece. I assume those are the OEM velour ones? Thanks again.

Pick your favorite way to get non US parts, mine is PartSouq, but they only have the LH in stock right now...

Visors.png

I actually have a right hand side with a slight indent from shipping that someone local can have, It isn't bad, but was driving me nuts.

Jason

Pick your favorite way to get non US parts, mine is PartSouq, but they only have the LH in stock right now...

View attachment 3124041

I actually have a right hand side with a slight indent from shipping that someone local can have, It isn't bad, but was driving me nuts.

Jason
Are those grey? Or beige?

I am pretty sure those visors on ToyotaPartsDeal are discontinued….
I just ordered a pair to confirm.
If anyone has a new set I’ll pay $800 for them.

on the '95-'97 trucks, rare earth magnets do the trick - and you don't even have to mess with the headliner:

3 of these thin rare earth magnets stacked, in the right place, are sufficient to hold up the visor: Amazon product ASIN B07PWP9DWC
I clip them to the visor with the garage door opener :hillbilly:

which is why I now have two garage door openers in the truck :flamingo:

[pics to follow tomorrow morning]

I am pretty sure those visors on ToyotaPartsDeal are discontinued….
I just ordered a pair to confirm.
If anyone has a new set I’ll pay $800 for them.

Discontinued as expected

E995A963-11C0-4E81-8282-C8194FC25CE1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom