200 Whp 80 Series... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All! this is my first post to the IH8MUD forums. So i have been thinking about this for a while but is there some way i can get my 80 series to have around 200?
i was thinking some headwork, bigger valves, cams and a tune (maybe even some NOS) but i wasn't sure where to start... Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Do you know what stock WHP is?
Tire size can change it from truck to truck. I've seen stock 80 dyno graphs from 100WHP to around 140WHP.
really if you want to get 200 WHP from yours... get it dyno'd to see what you currently getting.

Last edited:
212 at the crank and i thing around 130 wheel
are you on stock tire size or will you be after the build? That will effect it.
You are looking at some serious cash either way. Cheapest way is find a used turbo kit or SC or make your own.
If looking for NA and getting 70WHP on this driveline (assuming yours is 130 stock) is a huge undertaking. 4.6 build, major head work, cams, compression increase etc....

Of course swap in a worked LS and you would be there easily.

are you on stock tire size or will you be after the build? That will effect it.
You are looking at some serious cash either way. Cheapest way is find a used turbo kit or SC or make your own.
If looking for NA and getting 70WHP on this driveline (assuming yours is 130 stock) is a huge undertaking. 4.6 build, major head work, cams, compression increase etc....

Of course swap in a worked LS and you would be there easily.
yeah stock tire size, i remember this one person that is in qatar that did some headwork, headers and a tune and made 180hp and somewhere in the 330 ft-lbs of torque!!
it made me think if i could do the same too...

here is that forum

yeah stock tire size, i remember this one person that is in qatar that did some headwork, headers and a tune and made 180hp and somewhere in the 330 ft-lbs of torque!!
it made me think if i could do the same too...
sorry around 230 ft-lbs

Hey All! this is my first post to the IH8MUD forums. So i have been thinking about this for a while but is there some way i can get my 80 series to have around 200?
i was thinking some headwork, bigger valves, cams and a tune (maybe even some NOS) but i wasn't sure where to start... Any help will be greatly appreciated.

LS swap

^^^^^^This guy talks the truth...... they just aren't the greatest motors for cheap NA power

here is that forum
That guy is taling about a 100 series 1fz. They start with 30 more HP than the 80 series I think. 240HP I may be off on that but they do make more power stock than the 80 1fz.

$500/each

Cheers
Yeah not really worth it if there’s not a turbo next to the block. Making a 1fz make power is a little spendy. Totally doable, but it’s going to add up quick.

You can look into doing a coil on plug conversion like what comes on 105s but idk if the juice is really worth the squeeze….

An engine swap is the practical way to do it. If you insist on getting it out of a 1FZ-FE, then look into the mods that the Middle East guys are doing. Drifters and dune climb guys. It's nuts. Plus the Supra that's pushing some insane power out of a 1FZ-FE.

OMG this thing is comical:

Toyota-Supra-with-a-turbo-1FZ-FE-inline-six-01.jpg

Toyota-Supra-with-a-turbo-1FZ-FE-inline-six-03.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom