2006 LTC After A Few Days of Ownership (Updated) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

skymast

SILVER Star
Threads
I purchased a 2006 LTC last week. 167K Miles and in very good condition. Drives very well and so far only minimal surprises. Very happy with it and looking forward to some excellent adventures.

My immediate to-do list includes:

1) Sourcing an additional electronic key (OEM or Aftermarket)
2) Replacing Front Speakers (Drivers side is blown)
3) Repairing Backup Camera (activates in R but the screen is not legible. (See Below). Not sure if its the camera or something in the head unit)
4) Finding a replacement center console cover piece. (See below). If anyone has a source for this, let me know)
5) Looks like the passenger door actuator/motor is going bad (sometimes it locks, sometimes it doesnt).
6) Rear hatch doesn't seem to unlock with key or remote. It does open from the inside.
7) New BFG A/Ts in 275/70/18. Currently have Dunlop AT23s in 275/60/18s that are like new but I want a little bit larger tire.

I'm currently researching all of the above but feel free to chime in!

After this, I'm going to drive and enjoy for a few months before I slide down the slippery slope.

IMG_3812.jpg
IMG_3811.JPG
IMG_3814.JPG

Last edited:
Search “rear hatch lock” and you should find a write up on replacing the linkage that locks and unlocks the door allowing for the exterior handle to be used again. I just replaced my entire upper lift gate, primarily due to rust, but that was an issue I was having as well.

Search “rear hatch lock” and you should find a write up on replacing the linkage that locks and unlocks the door allowing for the exterior handle to be used again. I just replaced my entire upper lift gate, primarily due to rust, but that was an issue I was having as well.
My handle works 'sometimes!' I ordered a 4 pack of those small motors from ebay this morning. Hopefully, that will get me closer to solving the problem. Thx

My handle works 'sometimes!' I ordered a 4 pack of those small motors from ebay this morning. Hopefully, that will get me closer to solving the problem. Thx
Should’ve bought 5 and done all the doors.

She's a beaut! Love the wheel finish on the 06-07's.

Nice lookin ride! Do you know what that trim is called? I need to replace some in mine.

Haha some problems the 02’ and unders don’t have to deal with.

As mentioned above, there are def some diy issues that should not be too difficult to address. There is a whole write up about actuator motors from eBay, I too am a victim but did replace (and bought replacements) on eBay.

The key, worst case scenario should be under $300 from the Lexus stealer. Older models can get away with Amazon keys and a local locksmith, can’t speak to yours.

Looks great, enjoy the ride.

Haha some problems the 02’ and unders don’t have to deal with.

As mentioned above, there are def some diy issues that should not be too difficult to address. There is a whole write up about actuator motors from eBay, I too am a victim but did replace (and bought replacements) on eBay.

The key, worst case scenario should be under $300 from the Lexus stealer. Older models can get away with Amazon keys and a local locksmith, can’t speak to yours.

Looks great, enjoy the ride.

PXL_20220911_200556299.jpg

I purchased a 2006 LTC last week. 167K Miles and in very good condition. Drives very well and so far only minimal surprises. Very happy with it and looking forward to some excellent adventures.

My immediate to-do list includes:

1) Sourcing an additional electronic key (OEM or Aftermarket)
2) Replacing Front Speakers (Drivers side is blown)
3) Repairing Backup Camera (activates in R but the screen is not legible. (See Below). Not sure if its the camera or something in the head unit)
4) Finding a replacement center console cover piece. (See below). If anyone has a source for this, let me know)
5) Looks like the passenger door actuator/motor is going bad (sometimes it locks, sometimes it doesnt).
6) Rear hatch doesn't seem to unlock with key or remote. It does open from the inside.
7) New BFG A/Ts in 275/70/18. Currently have Dunlop AT23s in 275/60/18s that are like new but I want a little bit larger tire.

I'm currently researching all of the above but feel free to chime in!

After this, I'm going to drive and enjoy for a few months before I slide down the slippery slope.

View attachment 3119451View attachment 3119452View attachment 3119453
Suggest communicate with YotaMD - Premium Products - https://www.yotamd.com/ alias IH8MUD Member @suprarx7nut about keys etc.

The new speakers, actuator motors, and floor mats have arrived. I watched a video of the actuator installation and I will be a pro after doing it (the fourth time)! The good news is that I can do the Actuator and the Speakers as a package. I also have an appointment to install the BFGs on Tuesday.

Console trim, cargo mat, and a storage panel are ordered and on the way. This is fun!

I just finished up a 1,200 mile road trip. LC did great on the new BFG A/T 275/70/18s. I'd also note that while not quiet, there wasn't a ton of wind noise.

Things I noted/need to address: 1) Speedo reads about 4 MPH low with the new tires; 2) The factory Bluetooth is horrible; 3) I need a cradle for my phone; 4) Tilt/telescoping steering is not working; 5) Related to the Bluetooth, the antennae seems to go up/down a lot!

Overall, very good and no big surprizes.

D65EDEB6-ACA8-4FA5-B4B5-E95BE888B998.jpeg

Are these the LT version or the passenger version?

Zooming in on the tyre markings suggests BFG KO2 LT (Light Truck) construction LT275/70R18
Load Range “E” – just readable
Other details are indistinct -- cannot quite read all the information from the pic by @skymast ??

In my case, the designation for a 17” wheel (standard on my model in Australia) for the relevant tyre size in Light Truck (LT) construction for BFG KO2:
LT275/65R17 121/118S
Load Range “E” (Tread plies: 3 polyester + 2 steel + 2 nylon :: Sidewall Plies: 3 polyester)
Load rating: 121 single, 118 dual
Speed rating: S
My preferred highway running pressure: 40 psi
Off-road pressures depend on conditions: down to15 psi in sand (low speed with care)

The attachment from TOYO is not relevant to the question but may be a of general interest -- provides a handy refresher on tyre (tire) designations, constructions, speed and load ratings, recommended pressures for various loads, etc.

Attachments

• Tires - application_of_load_inflation_tables_20200723.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
So guessing "LT" is marked on the side-wall? (means Light Truck), no "P" marking visible? (which means Passenger Car and means less robust tyre)??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom