Wolf Den - new riding area in western MD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@FJCowboy the CLCC has adopted the Peters Mill trail along with Washington Trail Rides Motorcycle Club. We will be asking for volunteers around March before they open the trail up.
Is there any more information about this?

@FJCowboy the CLCC has adopted the Peters Mill trail along with Washington Trail Rides Motorcycle Club. We will be asking for volunteers around March before they open the trail up.

Is it possibly the “WATR”? Washington Area Trail Riders club? There is some overlap between them and the “r+t” club which I’m a member. I don’t know much about them, but hear the name all the time.

Is there any more information about this?
We will not know until GWNF or WATR let’s us know. But StaleAle will post up.

Is it possibly the “WATR”? Washington Area Trail Riders club? There is some overlap between them and the “r+t” club which I’m a member. I don’t know much about them, but hear the name all the time.
It is the WATR.
I was close I got the Washington part right.

Has anyone been out to wolf den recently? Just outside of DCL. Thinking about running over and hitting a trail or two in my Tundra.

Has anyone been out to wolf den recently? Just outside of DCL. Thinking about running over and hitting a trail or two in my Tundra.
Last time we went, I remember the trails feeling pretty narrow, we went in the winter so I'd imagine them feeling even more overgrown now

Last time we went, I remember the trails feeling pretty narrow, we went in the winter so I'd imagine them feeling even more overgrown now
The trails are actually cut very wide compared to something like The Cove. We just had to cut through tons of overgrowth and deadfall. This was when the park was first acquired and opened by MD, what I gathered from the rangers is that it hadn’t been driven in a while.

If you take a tundra anywhere around here you should expect pin stripes. Of the trails around here with a little maintenance this place would be more suitable for a tundra.

Last edited:
The trails are actually cut very wide compared to something like The Cove. We just had to cut through tons of overgrowth and deadfall. This was when the park was first acquired and opened by MD, what I gathered from the rangers is that it hadn’t been driven in a while.

If you take a tundra anywhere around here you should expect pin stripes. Of the trails around here with a little maintenance this place would be more suitable for a tundra.
For sure. My 4Runner is best suited anyway, but cutting up 68 makes you appreciate the 5.7!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom