17th Annual Southern Cruiser Crawl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Attention all Southern Cruiser Crawl participants!
Food truck for SCC will only be available Friday and Saturday (breakfast-lunch) so make plans for that if you were counting on that as your Thursday Breakfast and Lunch. CLC will be feeding all registered drivers and meal ticket holders on Thursday Friday and Saturday nights.

crawl22 15.jpeg

So I didn't reserve a camping spot. Just did the driver registration and checked it off my to-do list. Planned for the wife and (5yo) kid to come. Totally assed out?

I'm off to see what's near by for putting a tent up as I'd prefer not to miss the weekend out with everyone.

somethingsomething Homer saying "D'OH!" meme here.

So I didn't reserve a camping spot. Just did the driver registration and checked it off my to-do list. Planned for the wife and (5yo) kid to come. Totally assed out?

I'm off to see what's near by for putting a tent up as I'd prefer not to miss the weekend out with everyone.

somethingsomething Homer saying "D'OH!" meme here.

There are plenty of hotels in Hot Springs. The closest to the park is a Red Roof Inn. DO NOT book a room at the Knights Inn/Magic Carpet Inn/Red Carpet Inn or whatever it’s called these days. Also there was one cabin at KOA available as of 2 days ago.

There are plenty of hotels in Hot Springs. The closest to the park is a Red Roof Inn. DO NOT book a room at the Knights Inn/Magic Carpet Inn/Red Carpet Inn or whatever it’s called these days. Also there was one cabin at KOA available as of 2 days ago.
Same as Rob says….
Holiday inn, Hampton are close drives and comfort.
Camping ugggg

I have a primitive/tent camp site that is now available. I took @Bossman 's RV site since the park didn't like the idea of my M416 trailer in a tent site :bang:. My site number is T-52 which is behind the second set of RV spots, down past the main office & pavilion.

@Phat1842Many if you want to use my site, contact me via PM and we can discuss.

Same as Rob says….
Holiday inn, Hampton are close drives and comfort.
Camping ugggg

Last year we stayed at the Embassy Suites. Bride was happy with them. That went a long way in making for a great trip.

The Embassy Suites will be on our short list for our next Crawl.
(i.e., assuming that our daughter doesn't schedule another family event in the middle of Crawl)

offroadlimo, Clutchee and LDowney: Thank you for the recommendations. The google reviews for The Red Carpet in were pretty funny btw.

BMThiker moved spots and so got me his old tent spot so I'll be on site with everyone.

Thanks again BMThiker!

So, is everyone getting there sometime Wednesday?

The TN delegation will be arriving around mid-day on Thursday if all goes to plan.

I have a primitive/tent camp site that is now available. I took @Bossman 's RV site since the park didn't like the idea of my M416 trailer in a tent site :bang:. My site number is T-52 which is behind the second set of RV spots, down past the main office & pavilion.

@Phat1842Many if you want to use my site, contact me via PM and we can discuss.

I’ve camped with my m416 the past couple years. Why did they give you a hard time?

Can’t make it this year unfortunately.

I’ve camped with my m416 the past couple years. Why did they give you a hard time?

Can’t make it this year unfortunately.
Not really an issue with the trailer, mostly because the site is on the other side of the creek on that little spot behind the shop across that little bridge.

Edit: I stand corrected.

Last edited:
I think what Rick was likely referring to is that the new park owners don't consider a 'trailer' to be 'tent camping' and, as such, they want to charge him RV site prices...just a guess.

crawl22 14.jpeg

Updated HSORP campus map for reference. In the past we've set up ground tents at T42/T43. I just used the trailer to haul stuff until last year when I put the RTT on it. Last year we ended up using the Tuckers front row RV site (somewhere around VR5) and squeezed in the RTT trailer. This year I grabbed T52 because it looks like there is a new cut road that leads back there (btw R55 & R56), in addition to the footbridge near R50.
I was doing fine until someone spilled the beans to the front office that I had a 👀TRAILER👀. Dugan from ACC Garage is late getting registered & reserved, so he asked the front office if he could just park next to me with his teardrop trailer. They said absolutely not and then told him that I wasn't supposed to have a trailer back there either. He tried to explain that my trailer footprint is roughly the size of a 4-man tent, but they weren't having it. My wife conveyed all this to me after work last week. I had just seen @Bossman's post so I promptly texted him that I would love to use his RV spot this year. I'm keeping dibs on T52 though, in the hopes that I can convince park managers to see the light. Otherwise I don't have a foothold for next year's event. EVERYTHING is booked.

CampusMap.jpg

Also, I took the park's trail maps and color coded them myself so you don't have to keep referencing the legend to see if you are headed towards a 3 or 4 or 5 rated trail. Hit me up in PM if you want one. They're slightly better looking than a highlighter markup ;)

PRE REGISTRATION FOR CRAWL22 WILL CLOSE TOMORROW SEPTEMBER 23RD..

CRAWL22 PREREG  CLOSE.jpeg

13 days...
Today is the last day for Pre Registration.
Come on, Do it! You know you want to be there!

CRAWL22 13.jpeg

CRAWL22 12.jpeg

10 days!

crawl22 10.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom