200 series picture thread (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 70's war Cruiser coin is awesome.

Recently took her out for camping. Such a perfect vehicle.

IMG_20220909_141530.jpg

Nice rig! How’d you mount your box and recovery boards to the stock rack?
I drilled 2 long bolts upwards on each rail for the recovery boards then used wings nuts to tighten the boards down . And for the box I drilled in the box and made 4 sandwich mounts to squeeze onto the rails.

Like the others have already said, if you can afford to have both then I'd keep the 80, but the 200 gets the nod from me over the 80 any day of the week if you can only have one.

Same here. Loved my 80 but after getting behind the wheel of a 200 I never looked back. Sold the 80 and bought the 200. The 200 is superior in every way. Especially bank account damage.

18 Years ago on the left. Last week on the right. Visited an old trail fav I used to take all the time when I lived in Logan and remembered taking a pic in that same spot a long time ago. Considerably smoother ride in the 200 than it was in the 40. Don't worry though, I still have the 40 - dismantled in my garage for engine rebuild, minor rust repair, new paint, new weatherstrips, etc.. Hoping to get it back on the road this winter.

View attachment 3112706View attachment 3112707
Providence canyon? Cool story

yep, used to live there in Providence. Good memories. The valley has changed a lot since we moved away.
Nice, I was born and raised in Smithfield. We're outside of the valley now but still really close. It's exploding with growth. Houses keep being built farther and farther up in the foothills where we used to mess around off-roading and shooting guns. I'd like to move to the south end of the valley someday, beautiful area.

Nice, I was born and raised in Smithfield. We're outside of the valley now but still really close. It's exploding with growth. Houses keep being built farther and farther up in the foothills where we used to mess around off-roading and shooting guns. I'd like to move to the south end of the valley someday, beautiful area.
Yep, it's changing. Smithfield is a cool town. I have some friends there. I grew up down in Eden (Snowbasin, powder mtn area.) Me and my bro's wheeled fj40s all over around there in our teens. All those roads are closed or covered with development now. South end of Cache Valley is awesome. We had some acreage out in Avon, planned to build out there but decided on WY instead.

One nice thing about living in the boonies - A few weeks ago my bro and I took my 14 year old and headed out on 160 mile dirt road loop, camped along the way. He's already had a lot of driving time wheeling or getting firewood with me in the passenger seat. So, we let him drive the Tacoma by himself the whole trip. Good times. Pretty remote and few people out there so it was a good chance for him to get more experience. The lucky kid has already driven an FJ45, HJ45, FJ60, FJ62, FJ55, FZJ80 and the 200. Tryin to raise him right 🤣

IMG-0896.jpg

IMG-0891.jpg

That's awesome, sounds like he'll definitely get the Toyota itch pretty young with that kind of parenting! Beautiful country.

Eden area is crazy now. Practically a mini Park City.

SHNF

mVQhqFb.jpg

I think what you meant to say is "it looks amazing" lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom