Ordered radiator from toyota… is this going to be a problem? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, after getting a crazy quote from Toyota for a radiator install I ordered one from Oxford Toyota in MS, took a while but got the radiator, the back looks fine but the front seems to be crumpled in some spots, sent them an email they take forever to get back usually but looking for advice if this might be an issue…

22BAC72F-B40D-4E0B-B03B-CC810DF17543.jpeg

4B97B128-A340-442E-AF14-20C205911F15.jpeg

6722AAEA-1C09-44FE-AB0C-D69C4EEAB641.jpeg

5034777D-79FD-498F-9041-67F510446CE7.jpeg

183CB14F-F346-43BF-AF46-794C5AF21022.jpeg

I also would not use that.

There have been many reports of mangled radiators from shipping, especially if they are sent in the Toyota boxes and not double-boxed. At least one on-line parts dealer will no longer ship radiators because so many are damaged. For sure don't use that one.

Appreciate the advice, yea I figured it was worth a shot, paid $350 shipped, locally was $600 from Toyota, have a call into their parts manager he’s going to call me back tomorrow. Bummer

Agree with others, don't use that. I'm currently about four months in to trying to get a similar damaged radiator covered by UPS.

Online discount toyota sites are really proliferating.. it's worth checking any of the dealers within a radius of you that you are comfortable with for website access to parts. I happen to have one in town that is regularly 30+% off of retail.

I don't know if I just got lucky, but the radiator I bought from Olathe Parts online was double boxed and arrived undamaged.

Agree with others, don't use that. I'm currently about four months in to trying to get a similar damaged radiator covered by UPS.

Online discount toyota sites are really proliferating.. it's worth checking any of the dealers within a radius of you that you are comfortable with for website access to parts. I happen to have one in town that is regularly 30+% off of retail.
Damn, not what I wanted to hear. That sucks. Nothing local has any online deals unforch. In CT they pretty much mark things up 30% usually.

No way...irregardlis of the almost half off the local dealer.

If you're shipping, request a double box..radiator box surrounded by inflated plastic bags and/or styrofoam popcorn and/or sponge rubber.

If Amazon can do it, anybody can.

No way...irregardlis of the almost half off the local dealer.

If you're shipping, request a double box..radiator box surrounded by inflated plastic bags and/or styrofoam popcorn and/or sponge rubber.

If Amazon can do it, anybody can.
Yea I figured a Toyota dealer would ship properly, it was in a Toyota box with a couple padded envelopes on the under side, nothing protected on the sides, real bummer

Yea I figured a Toyota dealer would ship properly, it was in a Toyota box with a couple padded envelopes on the under side, nothing protected on the sides, real bummer
Toyota’s packaging really wasn’t intended for shipping, just moving around within their parts system. Or, according to the manager in charge of the department that shipped mine, the large ones. He said the smaller radiators have great packaging and can be shipped without issue. It’s these larger ones that get damaged so often.

The packaging not being intended for UPS “throwers” is why adding extra layers of protection is necessary.

Last edited:
Toyota’s packaging really wasn’t intended for UPS shipping, just moving around within their parts system. Or, according to the manager in charge of the department that shipped mine, the large ones. He said the smaller radiators have great packaging and can be shipped without issue. It’s these larger ones that get damaged so often.

The packaging not being intended for UPS “throwers” is why adding extra layers of protection is necessary.
Agree with the above.
Got a new one for my 80 series in January. Double boxed, it was perfecto.

Oh hell no! Send it back and get a new one unless they give you a 50% discount. ;)

I mean, would it be structurally sound? Still not sure I’d want to put this in a 90k truck
I would not trust it. I wouldn't put it in a $1000 junker. A bad radiator can result in a destroyed engine if it fails and you lose coolant. Put an undamaged one in, and you'll probably be good for 100K miles or more.

Mine arrived with similar damage. Received a credit. It's still sitting in my garage. Willing to send to someone for the cost of shipping if they want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom