Baby blue (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My first time cutting glass, well mirror actually. Well let just say it went way better than my first time having sex. lol. It should last longer too even if it falls out by the end of the driveway. LMAO

IMG_0886[1].JPG

My first time cutting glass, well mirror actually. Well let just say it went way better than my first time having sex. lol. It should last longer too even if it falls out by the end of the driveway. LMAO

View attachment 3045294

The glass shop glued one of my mirrors on using marine grade silicone.

After 20+ years I’ve cracked one of my convex mirrors. Now I have to decide if I replace it or finally go to flat glass… for now I’m ignoring the crack.

So I found a Clarion 24 volt stereo for $250 dollars. Unless you guys have any better tips for a 24 volt system then I will lean that way.
I put a 24v VDO deck in my 60. Got it off German eBay.

It's been decent for a couple years now. Ended up being similar money. Think it was just over 100 euros or something?

Probably more now I guess.

I like the simple 24v deck solution. I tried various 24/12 converters in the past. You can get cheap ones that'll run a stereo easy enough.

They're fine as long as you don't need the memory wire connected. Then it all goes to s***.

So I found a Clarion 24 volt stereo for $250 dollars. Unless you guys have any better tips for a 24 volt system then I will lean that way.
I see you've got a mini-x, check the equipment dealer(dealers). They often source or carry 24v stereos for equipment. I've put them into shovels at work quite often.

I see you've got a mini-x, check the equipment dealer(dealers). They often source or carry 24v stereos for equipment. I've put them into shovels at work quite often.
I used to have a 24v Cat radio in my 45. Seem to remember it fitting in the smaller stock radio hole, but I could be wrong.
I think I got it from crusty, but that was damn near 20 years ago so the details are murky...

This is the 24v deck in my 60.

Got me curious what they were worth these days.

I paid 107 euros, now it's 139. :meh: .

No complaints so far, pretty simple. Plays Bluetooth music off a phone, or you can put a usb stick in.

No cd player.

did seem kinda sketchy ordering from Germany but it worked out I guess. There's a few variations of similar decks on there. Used in the big highway trucks over there I think.

And this is the cat one from my old 45. Think it was just a radio, and I probably got it because someone upgraded. I don't remember it sounding great.

IMG_2781.JPG

Last edited:
It turns out that under the window is in pretty good shape too. The inside of the window frame has some rusting. Soo lazy me just decided that Fluid film would have to work for the next 5-10 years. One window wiper threw hole thingy was seized but I put two linkages together to get one good. And of course I sprayed even more Fluid film in there before closing her up.

IMG_0892[1].JPG

IMG_0893[1].JPG

IMG_0894[1].JPG

Last edited:
So I go for a 30 minute drive. Probably the longest continuous drive I have done yet. I stop the cruiser for a phone call. When I attempt to start her back up, nothing. Dead batteries. I just bought 2 new Interstates batteries and a fresh alternator rebuild two months ago. All the contacts are clean, a couple hints, it has nothing to do with batteries, the connections or grounds.

Any guesses???

Last hint

So I go for a 30 minute drive. Probably the longest continuous drive I have done yet. I stop the cruiser for a phone call. When I attempt to start her back up, nothing. Dead batteries. I just bought 2 new Interstates batteries and a fresh alternator rebuild two months ago. All the contacts are clean, a couple hints, it has nothing to do with batteries, the connections or grounds.

Any guesses???
Glow plug relay stick on?

That's ****ed me a couple times over the years.

There was a time where I'd leave it's cover off so I could reach down and snap it open with my fingernail after every start.

I won't say how long this lasted...:lol:

Glow plug relay stick on?

That's f***ed me a couple times over the years.

There was a time where I'd leave it's cover off so I could reach down and snap it open with my fingernail after every start.

I won't say how long this lasted...:lol:
So I brain stormed over the wiring schematics for a while and concluded that it was a stuck glow relay. Opened it up and everything was working fine. My ignition is faulty, the "on" position activates the glow and stays on. So either I take it apart and see what's wrong with the ignition or see if I can order a new one???? Maybe 4wheelauto in Alberta can help me out? For now, I glow to get it started in the morning, then un-plug the glow relay for cruising.

So I brain stormed over the wiring schematics for a while and concluded that it was a stuck glow relay. Opened it up and everything was working fine. My ignition is faulty, the "on" position activates the glow and stays on. So either I take it apart and see what's wrong with the ignition or see if I can order a new one???? Maybe 4wheelauto in Alberta can help me out? For now, I glow to get it started in the morning, then un-plug the glow relay for cruising.
Might want to pop it apart and see if it's just out of phase.

I bought a cheap Chinese ignition lock cylinder and at first it would pop out and skip 180 degrees and everything would be weird.

You can pull just the electrical part out of the back side pretty easily when the column cover is off, and spin it around with a screwdriver, see if you still get the same results

I bought a cheap Chinese ignition lock cylinder and at first it would pop out and skip 180 degrees and everything would be weird.

You can pull just the electrical part out of the back side pretty easily when the column cover is off, and spin it around with a screwdriver, see if you still get the same results
Ok, thanks! I will try it out.

I separated the inside of the ignition and the copper striking place is getting pretty worn out. I was able to bend it back into shape but it doesn't look like it will last long. But it works correctly for now. I might just custom build one using the old one as a template.

Talk about easy to steal, wowzas!!!

Talk about easy to steal, wowzas!!!

There’s a reason I lock my steering wheel to the front roll bar hoop with a 5/8” kryptonite lock. You know why, and I’ll never say online.

Toyota's design is far sexier but far beyond my patience level, lol. Not perfect but functional.

IMG_0923[1].JPG

IMG_0925[1].JPG

IMG_0926[1].JPG

Thank to cruiserpilots generous contribution to my build. One more piece of the puzzle complete.

IMG_1228[1].JPG

IMG_1229[1].JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom