City Cruiser LEDs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello friends -

Any videos out there on the correct way to install the City cruiser LEDs on my 40 or something comparable? I’m trying to start doing more on my own - I know this is an easy one ….. for most! Many thx

5442AE17-ED4D-4147-91EB-51B807867452.jpeg

As an alternative you might want to look into Toyota's headlight kit part #81110-60P70. It's a heck of a deal at about $50, and is plug and play. I made it more difficult because I shorten the harness. They're halogen instead of LED, but they are a huge improvement over stk or halogen sealed beam. There's a lot of info on here if you search the part #.

Last edited:
As an alternative you might want to look into Toyota's headlight kit part #81110-60P70. It's a heck of a deal at about $50, and is plug and play. I made it more difficult because I shorten the harness. They're halogen instead of LED, but they are a huge improvement over stk. There's a lot of info on here if you search the part #.
Does anyone know if this kit is still available? Toyotapartsdeal and my local dealer both say discontinued and I just tried another dealer that showed in stock and the order got cancelled. Any info on who has them would be great.

Well said by @pb4ugo :beer: . I ordered/installed the light kit #81110-60P70 last month using existing Hella H4's, harness alone made a worthwhile difference.
Below is my order from a local Toyota dealer on August 1, before taxes and shipping.

P/N Quantity Price Each Description8111060P701
$ 41.80 HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY

Edit: My source said NLA(Toyota Parts South), Ebay has some sellers. Good luck

Last edited:
I bought mine 2 or 3 months ago thru a local dealer. It's a shame if they discontinued it. It is an amazing deal.

Last edited:
City Cruiser says to disconnect the battery before unplugging the H4 connector. What's the easiest way to kill battery power - or is this step not needed if truck is off?

City Cruiser says to disconnect the battery before unplugging the H4 connector. What's the easiest way to kill battery power - or is this step not needed if truck is off?

Take the negative terminal off; one pinch bolt to loosen.

Does anyone know if this kit is still available? Toyotapartsdeal and my local dealer both say discontinued and I just tried another dealer that showed in stock and the order got cancelled. Any info on who has them would be great.
Ordered the kit from Toyota South Atlanta yesterday and so far it appears to be processing as if it’s in stock. Will update once I receive either the order or an order cancelation.

Ordered the kit from Toyota South Atlanta yesterday and so far it appears to be processing as if it’s in stock. Will update once I receive either the order or an order cancelation.
Thanks. I ordered from Lakeland Toyota 2 weeks ago and just today got my shipment notification.

I ordered my light kit light kit #81110-60P70 from dealer for my 1983 FJ40. They made a mistake an ordered 2 kits. I bought them both.

Question: I am restoring a 1965 FJ45 and would like to upgrade the headlights in it too. Does anyone make a conversion wiring harness to be used with light kit #81110-60P70?

Last edited:
My kits arrived today so I can confirm they are still available.
I got my kit and am thinking either my factory plugs are wired wrong or the new kit is (more likely. In my bulb sockets, all of them have the red and yellow wire in the top flat but the factory is red and green. So, anyone seen this or know for sure where the wires should be?
@wngrog I believe you’ve done a few of these.
666508D8-C8A1-4B19-B95A-1302BBFA6079.jpeg
471BB777-97D9-4F13-A7AC-C907E03EECB5.jpeg
1F9B9308-A383-47F8-98F0-631B93C9540C.jpeg

image.jpg

I’m guessing it doesn’t really matter since it’s all fed by the factory plug and once they are connected it’s fine so long as they are all the same (the wire doesn’t know what color stripe it has). But I’d prefer it to be right for future me wondering what the….

Partsouq shows they have them for $13.18 but the shipping is $95.46. so total is $108.64

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom