Need help! ARB Sahara on 01 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need some help folks. Trying to fix a PO Sahara bumper install. Had to replace several hacked up front bump trim support pieces. But now reinstalling the Sahara bumper and something is not making sense. The bumper is contacting the metal piece to which the headlight trim attaches. Online pics show that the bumper should sit below this pierce but my bumper cannot go below it.

Any thoughts?

Here’s some pics of what I’m dealing with.
7920F2CF-B345-4D11-94C1-E043EF692998.jpeg
91CC2936-AF65-405D-AD64-1BABD47BBF89.jpeg

I had to remove a section attached to this center support on my LX that was making contact. It would not allow me to tuck it any further in without doing so.

Edit-

Also had to cut that lip on each side to make it sit flush. Not sure if this was required. See circled section on where I cut up to. Maybe some just bent that lip back instead of cutting?

20220919_140859.jpg

Screenshot_20220919-140440_Gallery.jpg

I had to remove a section attached to this center support on my LX that was making contact. It would not allow me to tuck it any further in without doing so.

Edit-

Also had to cut that lip on each side to make it sit flush. Not sure if this was required. See circled section on where I cut up to. Maybe some just bent that lip back instead of cutting?

View attachment 3118869

View attachment 3118871
Did you cut the entire lip between your green circles?

I believe the Sahara bumper was originally designed for the LC and LC does not have that support piece. You should trim away or bend the center section of the metal trim for ample clearance as the bumper does move quite a bit in relation to the body. I wouldn't worry about reducing support because there are two brackets on each side.

I've submitted this issue to ARB, since the Sahara bumper is acknowledged by them as the only ARB bumper that "fits" the LX. Thanks for the tips, guess i'll be trimming that piece to get everything to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom