What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rotated tires, changed oil, D&R both diffs & transfer case.

Reactions: jhg
Installed the new Beat Sonic wireless Apple CarPlay unit
AFB81005-7F2A-48C7-80BE-3CDF93119462.jpeg

How difficult was the install?
Very straight forward. Just followed their install video on YouTube. Only difference is mine has a wireless antenna to connect, so running the wire, finding a place to stash it, etc

What is the difference between the LX and LC steps?
The LX steps include the body panel under the doors I believe. The LC steps do not.

On the LX the step is integrated with the rocker panel. On the LC they are two different parts. The Slee sliders were designed with the LC rocker panel in mind and fitment looks best if you install the LC rockers onto an LX before installing the Slee slider steps. The other option is to cut the step off of the integrated rocker/step of an LX. This is not as nice a finish, but many have used that tactic with success.

My LX has the LC rocker plastics and slee slider steps, as slee recommends. I personally don't like the way the LC rocker panels drop down behind the front wheel and think it would look much better if it was just straight across (but then the sliders would look 3" too short). If I were starting from scratch, I would probably cut up the LX running boards rather than installing the LC ones, but this is what the truck came with, so I'm not complaining :)

Looking forward to spending more time in the 200 forum! Picked this one up from the classifieds. It’s been well taken care of by another cruiser family. No mods planned for now other than ceramic coating as unfortunately we don’t have enough garage space for it and I’m not giving up the 80s spot 😆
44582D7D-6592-4566-B9DB-CE7F0159FD3B.jpeg

Downsizing brakes starting with the rear first since the pads and rotors needed replacing anyway. This has been on my to-do list since I found out the hard way that 18" wheels wouldn't fit over the after-market big brake kit. Previous owner used the vehicle for towing so the added stopping power and heavy duty slotted rotor for heat management is understandable. 4 piston rear caliper is overkill for my off-road needs and the new rotor (swapping Tundra parts all 4 corners) is half the weight.

2022-09-04 15.37.50.jpg

2022-09-02 14.45.55.jpg

2022-09-03 14.41.33.jpg

Starter died last week and I tried the long screwdriver jumper trick, but couldn't get the starter heatshield peeled back far enough to see what I was doing, much less jump the solenoid. I don't have time to replace the starter and I need the truck for next weekend, so tow truck to the dealer it is. :(

Seems like a really poor design to bury a maintenance item like the starter so deep in there.

Added Victory 4x4 console molle panels.

F26E6EA6-FE3C-4450-BB67-0FA42E2D9249.jpeg

Installed the panhard correction from eimkeith. Really glad I did, truck is tracking straight again and I've been chasing this alignment for a couple years now. Swapped in a new panhard while I was at it since truck has over 200k. Bushing still looked good.

Also installed lights in the Trail Tailor rear bumper finally since yearly inspections are coming up.

PXL_20220918_154334171.jpg

PXL_20220918_184546067.jpg

PXL_20220918_195201758.jpg

PXL_20220918_211726927.jpg

Installed some BudBuilt Catalytic Converter guards. Super beefy and would recommend. No more worrying about where I park. Don't mind the dirt underneath, she needs a bath. :)

View attachment 3117608
Wonder if this works with their tcase plate.

9BAB78E8-DBF6-4748-8DF9-8BFE6D0008E0.jpeg

Just got back from Moab. Built a sleeping platform for the trip, worked great. $200 in materials from Home Depot. 24inch x 72inch plywood for top, pipes cut to size and secured using some pipe fasteners (also sold at Home Depot). Stick on carpet on top, then sleeping pad and sleeping bag or comforter. Very cozy.

M1 5W30 oil changes on the 20 Cruiser and 14 LX

LX's interval was nearly 6k miles and about 7 months.
Cruiser's inverval was at like 1k miles and 12 months.

Both are ready for winter use and winter hibernation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom