Seatbelt Planet front seatbelt receivers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Once I can get the brackets to my buddy to be powder coated, my new front seats will be finished. Problem is that the seats I'm using have a side trim piece that if I want to use the OEM receiver I will have to cut the trim to accommodate it. I had heard that the Seatbelt Planet receivers that come with their kits are a basic thick/stiff cable rather than plastic wrapped webbing like the OEM belts. I like this idea but looking at their site it looks like they're not compatible with the OEM buckles and would require an entire new seatbelt assembly in order to be used. Can anyone who's gotten a set from them verify this?

yes, you need to replace both as they are different.

Once I can get the brackets to my buddy to be powder coated, my new front seats will be finished. Problem is that the seats I'm using have a side trim piece that if I want to use the OEM receiver I will have to cut the trim to accommodate it. I had heard that the Seatbelt Planet receivers that come with their kits are a basic thick/stiff cable rather than plastic wrapped webbing like the OEM belts. I like this idea but looking at their site it looks like they're not compatible with the OEM buckles and would require an entire new seatbelt assembly in order to be used. Can anyone who's gotten a set from them verify this?
My 1982 60 has OEM receivers that are a A thick cable instead of plastic-clad webbing. Maybe look for some early receivers.

At least I think they’re OEM….

so yo get a cover when you order a new set but they are black. I spray painted mine brown. I wish I would of prepped them better for adhesion. Will probably take them out and respray eventually.

so yo get a cover when you order a new set but they are black. I spray painted mine brown. I wish I would of prepped them better for adhesion. Will probably take them out and respray eventually.
If they are vinyl covered, you can strip the old paint off, hit them with a scotchbrite, and then use sem adhesion promotor and then use sem colorcoat as a top coat and theyll never peel. Ever ever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom