80 series drooping sun visor fix (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I installed the kit from AmericanWest the past weekend and I kept forgetting to upload the pictures (I'm sorry!)

Here are the instructions with pictures and notes when you do this job yourself:

1.jpg

This part is only held in by 1 screw. Just unscrew it and then use a flathead to carefully pry it off. Just be gentle to not mess up any of the 20+ year old plastic.

2.jpg

Go ahead and unscrew the 2 nuts here. These are the only things holding it in place, and be careful taking it off as there is a plastic washer that you need to be careful not to lose.

3.jpg

I let mine dangle freely, as the wire was strong enough and the plastic was light enough to do so. In this state, go ahead and slide on the 3D printed visor holders. They are designed to either go on the left or right hand side. You do not need to force it in to fit. If it is hard, try putting it on the other side.

4.jpg

When sliding on the visor holders, this is the plastic spacer that may have shifted or fallen. This is how you want to align it before screwing everything back in, and you're done!

15 minute job tops

Nice write up. Do you have a link you can share for where to purchase? Could you also take a picture from a little further back so we can see what it looks?

Nice write up. Do you have a link you can share for where to purchase? Could you also take a picture from a little further back so we can see what it looks?
I've been mailing them out as needed for around $25. Looks like you are local and shipping wouldn't be needed. I'll print out some extras and we can meet up sometime.

I'm interested in a set! My drivers side visor on my '95 started drooping about a month ago, drives me crazy. I'd need them mailed to 37174. I'll drop you a PM. Thanks!

Just received the package from AmericanWest. Installed with a Philips and a flat head, 15 min max. These things are perfect.

2C66242D-196C-41BC-BA61-B301055545DE.jpeg

Use the flat head to pry out the plastic, slow and steady.

Do not fold over and snap on to align. They are tapered so they slide on smooth, From back to middle.

96EBDBE9-0652-46E8-8F99-021462271B05.jpeg

DC230503-81EF-4B2E-BB0A-148DA3D93CA4.jpeg

Pic of the spacer to line up
AF4B7251-6B85-498B-AFF2-556FA424C026.jpeg

All back together with nice and secure sun visors.
6F22239E-037B-45A9-93E6-A834487E943C.jpeg

Thank you for making and sending these.
-Chad

I did this with rare earth magnets

IMG_5487.jpg
IMG_5486.jpg
IMG_5489.jpg

you can see how each clip holds one magnet below, with two stacked on top, towards the headliner - where exactly the magnets need to go becomes clear when you put the first one on the visor and flip it up at the headliner: they position themselves; then just use the garage opener clip to hold them in place on the visor

bonus: no drilling involved, no removal of headliner or somesuch, either - just get two clips (or in my case, use garage door openers), and the magnets off Amazon - done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom