Builds 1972 FJ40 FST Restoration (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have about 6 of these filters. Do they have expiration date? They still have the plastic over the top.

No expiration. The last stock I bought they were $50 each

Matt for the win …. Time to load it up

DAF14760-C933-4E1E-A2D9-15697A414FF0.jpeg

DF3236BD-1084-4E67-9436-7467E17CDCF9.jpeg

DA40A9CE-6C38-4DFA-9245-0342083DA653.jpeg

8E58A17C-20BE-4F96-804F-6A6AC51CE6D6.jpeg

@jomelo and @wngrog, it is fun watching all your builds come together. What is next?

@jomelo, from what I have observed your stable has a number shiny clean builds in it already. I think you need a patina build to mix it up a little. Must be tough trying to decide which one to drive at times.

@jomelo and @wngrog, it is fun watching all your builds come together. What is next?

@jomelo, from what I have observed your stable has a number shiny clean builds in it already. I think you need a patina build to mix it up a little. Must be tough trying to decide which one to drive at times.

This one has great patina. Although I would love a good patina 45 LPB project. I really don’t want another project of any kind and have planned to sell another truck. But a nice long bed could change my mind.

A65D82CD-DC20-4FC5-B7DA-B77647EB2BC8.jpeg

Whatchya looking to sell 🤓. Not familiar with your collection, but I bet it’s nice!

Whatchya looking to sell 🤓. Not familiar with your collection, but I bet it’s nice!
I am not quite to the point of saying anything is for sale. But if one could be bought it would be this one:

We took the truck for a short spin down the road right after @wngrog showed up. It is really really quiet. This has to be as close to or better than the feeling of a brand new 40 series straight from Toyota. It drives as good as it looks.

Nolen has great taste and this truck is really all him. To be honest, I was very lukewarm on this project from the beginning. I have had a lot of work projects going on - plus a move - and really was just tired of thinking about Land Cruisers for the moment.

I bought this truck because @Indygbd had a tool roll for my red 45 series and the only way I could get him to sell it to me was if I bought this truck. I was just going to send this truck to Nolen and mothball until I was ready to think about a truck. Nolen and I even talked about just flipping it. I needed the tool roll way more than another truck.

Anyway, I decided to just start Nolen on it. He had a vision and it sounded great. I love the finished product. He made it easy. If you want to spend a lot of money on a 40 series and have a lot of fun doing it then you should call Nolen. All of these trucks drive amazing and look amazing. I cannot give a higher recommendation.

I’m also very happy I purchased this truck from @Indygbd. Gabe was so easy to work with and helped out with some hard to find parts along the way. He should let me pick the paint color on his LPB.

That is not quite how I recall this transaction @jomelo. You inquired about the 72 project. About a month later you stated you were still kicking it around and asked if I had a tool kit. I sent you photos and then you asked how much. I said I didn’t not want to sell it. You then stated, “if I buy the 1972 would you sell me the toolkit?” My response. “If you purchase the FST I will give you the tool kit.” lol

I am still open to color on the LPB. Leaning towards Cadet Blue. What are your thoughts? The FJ45 will be my best paint job I have ever done. I have learned a lot doing the fj25.

11 weeks ago

0581DBBD-53C0-4093-B278-FFDDA9C2ECF1.jpeg

I’ve never dealt with a vehicle that was a) this nicely painted b) this incomplete

Both of these were unique challenges.

A9C22D2F-C89D-4381-BC2B-71AF61E48582.jpeg

11 weeks ago

View attachment 3118338

I’ve never dealt with a vehicle that was a) this nicely painted b) this incomplete

Both of these were unique challenges.

View attachment 3118337
Nolen, I’m very particular and think the small details make all the difference on restorations. You did one amazing job on this truck! I’m so glad you were the one who finished it! I only hope that if I need help finishing the fj45 I can afford you! With your advice along the way, the fj45 should have the right parts from the start.

Gabe. It was fun. Im not an OEM homer but I love to mix and match things that work and still look the part.

To me, a pre 73 truck with no rollbar and big jump seats should just remain topless. They are just dead sexy.

Bucket seats and roll bars look best with the hard top on the truck.

It’s like they are two complete different vehicles to me.

I love pre 68 trucks for the dash…..John has two.

I love the 68-72 for the no roll bar goodness.

He’s set.

And for the 73-78….what better one than the 12/78 John has?

What a collection. A+++

E7506F08-4E55-4A1D-B9E5-A2B2FCA6DC3E.jpeg

That is not quite how I recall this transaction @jomelo. You inquired about the 72 project. About a month later you stated you were still kicking it around and asked if I had a tool kit. I sent you photos and then you asked how much. I said I didn’t not want to sell it. You then stated, “if I buy the 1972 would you sell me the toolkit?” My response. “If you purchase the FST I will give you the tool kit.” lol

I am still open to color on the LPB. Leaning towards Cadet Blue. What are your thoughts? The FJ45 will be my best paint job I have ever done. I have learned a lot doing the fj25.
Yes that is true. I did ask about the truck and then quickly said “you don’t need another project.” I wanted that tool kit badly though.

White.

This one has great patina. Although I would love a good patina 45 LPB project. I really don’t want another project of any kind and have planned to sell another truck. But a nice long bed could change my mind.
If you want a good patina LV to add let me know…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom