BxBuilt LX470 Headlights - 20% Labor Day Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CakeMountain

SILVER Star
Threads
Great deal on the BxBuilt LX470 headlight full replacements. It's a 22 week lead time, but I hear it's worth the wait.

Anyone seen these or can comment on the quality?

I don't have mine yet, but a friend swears by them. They get a lot of props in the 4runner community.

Thank you @CakeMountain! I saw one quick Instagram clip of them installed. Did you order them at full price? This 20% off seems ok, I had planned on doing an HID conversion using the bracket and a Morimoto projector and ballast setup. But I like the idea of this, just not sure I want the BMW style Dual halos.

Yeah, I ordered at full price. I don't have a lot of free time, so the fully built assemblies were super appealing.

For what its worth I reached out to these guys to ask some questions about what they had going on and if they would take lights I already had. They were super responsive and knowledgeable. I am going to hold off for now because of the lead time, and continue with Luke's headlight mod this week but if in the future I want a modern look I would definitely be coming back to them.

I pulled the trigger on these from BX Built, with the 20% off labor day coupon it was 40% of the base price for Luke to do the conversion, with less wait time.

I'm not a huge fan of the dual halos, I'll likely try to run them without the halos, or at least just the low beam halo if it's easy to do by backing a pin out of a connector.

I’m pretty frustrated with my Morimoto ballast set up. They just stopped working all the sudden. I’ll probably rip it out and just throw good bulbs back in there. Freaking LX headlights suck balls.
You could have a bad component in there. I replaced my ballasts and just put a new wiring harness in mine earlier this year for the same issue. We don't exactly have the most hospitable engine bays for those electronics.

I’m pretty frustrated with my Morimoto ballast set up. They just stopped working all the sudden. I’ll probably rip it out and just throw good bulbs back in there. Freaking LX headlights suck balls.
So I had never heard issues about morimoto before but when I was talking to bxbuilt about their lights they mentioned the morimoto ballasts having issues.

So I had never heard issues about morimoto before but when I was talking to bxbuilt about their lights they mentioned the morimoto ballasts having issues.
I have heard the Morimoto wiring harnesses can be iffy. There's a member on here that builds high-capacity wiring harnesses that seem beefier than the morimoto. Might be worth checking him out.

After my TSX conversion with the Morimoto ballast, I had mild flickering which The Retrofit Source replaced under warranty. It fixed the problem and no issues in 4+ years. Check your warranty for replacement. Couldn’t hurt to try.

It might not be the ballasts sir. I haven't had problems for years. TRS will send you new ballasts if you ask. But I think it's all in the wiring.

If those headlights mentioned are just LED replacements then no, the daytime running lights will not work.
Lot of money for some LED bling if you ask me.

It might not be the ballasts sir. I haven't had problems for years. TRS will send you new ballasts if you ask. But I think it's all in the wiring.

If those headlights mentioned are just LED replacements then no, the daytime running lights will not work.
Lot of money for some LED bling if you ask me.
Thanks @jerryb. I ripped it out and just put regular bulbs back in. I was at the point where my wife just needed working headlights as I was heading out to COTR and was going to be gone for 8 days.

I’ll revisit the headlights down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom