Ironman recovery points (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks much. Can anyone confirm the 80mm length? I have to order a couple of things from McMaster and will get these as well?
I just installed these a few weeks ago. I got 2 80mm bolts and reused the 2 100 mm that came off the stock points because the bolts were $7.50 each locally. I saw other comments that said the 100's we're too long to fit but that is not correct. Make sure to get grade 10.9. Also double check the thread pitch. I believe they are fine thread 1.5, not coarse. I was able to find these at my local ACE hardware and one of two old school hardware stores in my area. One had only coarse thread in that size.

I just installed these a few weeks ago. I got 2 80mm bolts and reused the 2 100 mm that came off the stock points because the bolts were $7.50 each locally. I saw other comments that said the 100's we're too long to fit but that is not correct. Make sure to get grade 10.9. Also double check the thread pitch. I believe they are fine thread 1.5, not coarse. I was able to find these at my local ACE hardware and one of two old school hardware stores in my area. One had only coarse thread in that size.
Awesome thanks. 1.5 is the thread pitch so any M14 1.5 pitch in the correct length should work.

Thanks much. Can anyone confirm the 80mm length? I have to order a couple of things from McMaster and will get these as well?
Here is what my setup looks like. You might get a couple washers too. What I found the supplied washers a little odd. There is a thinner washer that is a bit too small ID to get over the unthreaded portion of the bolt. There is a thick fender washer, but the diameter is such that it hits the radiused portion of the recovery point, so it cuts into the coating when you tighten the bolt.

PXL_20220917_220217386.jpg

Awesome thanks. 1.5 is the thread pitch so any M14 1.5 pitch in the correct length should work.
I'd still recommend 10.9 grade though, which is what comes with the recovery point. The shear forces are high on the point, especially for a kinetic recovery. I admit I don't know if the OEM is 10.9 which is why I did one on each side.

I just got these to replace my Trail Tailor tow points. I have an ARB and Dissent skid plates. I had to “trim” my front skid to make the it fit with my ARB and now I’ve trim the front skid even more to get the tow points to fit. A total pain in the ass.

I just got these to replace my Trail Tailor tow points. I have an ARB and Dissent skid plates. I had to “trim” my front skid to make the it fit with my ARB and now I’ve trim the front skid even more to get the tow points to fit. A total pain in the ass.
Didn't mean to thumbs up your post, I guess my phone browser doesn't give me the frowny face response option. That sounds like a pain, sorry to hear it.

You were able to get the Ironman points to fit with your ARB? Mine arent fitting.

Hi anybody know the torque spec for the bolts? Ironman instructions doesn't mention it...

I reached out to IM when I had installed mine and they did not have a recommendation. The FSM has various standard torque values for different bolts. I believe I went with 100 ft-lbf and called it close enough.

1693252271817.png

1693252260856.png

I reached out to IM when I had installed mine and they did not have a recommendation. The FSM has various standard torque values for different bolts. I believe I went with 100 ft-lbf and called it close enough.
Thanks! Can't believe Ironman didn't specify it. A responsible should have done the safety test and specify it......
I just set to 90 lb-ft for now. My installation is along the Ironman bumper so it's a little bit different. Will start a new thread for the special issue in that type of installation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom