Ironman recovery points (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did Ironman stop selling their recovery points? The direct link posted above doesnt work and I cant find them on their site.
@Ironman 4x4 USA
According to the folks at the Ironman USA store, they no longer sell recovery points for the 100 series. I got a bumper there on Black Friday and was hoping to pick up a pair. They were already missing from the website but the salesman I was talking to thought they still had them and wasn't sure why I couldn't find them online. Long story short, he didn't have the memo yet, and the other folks in the USA shop did not expect they would be ever getting them back. They recommended I buy them from someone else. They had 1 point hanging on the wall and I wanted to buy the floor ones, but they didn't even have the other one for the pair.

According to the folks at the Ironman USA store, they no longer sell recovery points for the 100 series. I got a bumper there on Black Friday and was hoping to pick up a pair. They were already missing from the website but the salesman I was talking to thought they still had them and wasn't sure why I couldn't find them online. Long story short, he didn't have the memo yet, and the other folks in the USA shop did not expect they would be ever getting them back. They recommended I buy them from someone else. They had 1 point hanging on the wall and I wanted to buy the floor ones, but they didn't even have the other one for the pair.

Wow. That's not good. I wonder why they stopped making them

If I remember right (it's been a few years since I upgraded mine), the factory one's are more for securing the vehicle during a tow or transport, not really for recovery.

This is not completely true.

There are 2 types of attachment points you may find on your 100 Series: a recovery point (aka "tow hook") and a tie-down (transporation) bracket. They look different.

In these photos you can see a Ironman brand recovery point next to the stock recovery point, and next to the stock tie down bracket.

IMG_3011.jpeg

IMG_3010.jpeg

Overall all I would rate the recovery points 9/10. Area of opportunity to make it 10/10 is get the inner hole edges smoothed and rounded to ensure it wont rip any soft shackles.
7C7E9BED-B366-43C8-B811-9B46DE3437B7.jpeg
701B1464-2548-4591-B2A4-3306977F98B5.jpeg

Trail Tailor has a run of the soft shackle points up right now, which definitely isn't always the case. Powdercoated is out of stock, but looks like he still has some in bare steel. They're outstanding.

Anyone running Trail Tailor recovery points with an ARB 2003+ bumper? I was on the TT site and was looking at the recovery points but then I came across some spacers. I dont know if I need them or not and if I do which ones since I have a 99 truck with the 03+ bumper and there are 2 sizes of spacers

Anyone running Trail Tailor recovery points with an ARB 2003+ bumper? I was on the TT site and was looking at the recovery points but then I came across some spacers. I dont know if I need them or not and if I do which ones since I have a 99 truck with the 03+ bumper and there are 2 sizes of spacers

I do, yeah. But...I didn't know there were two sizes of spacers.

The spacer is just a thick piece of steel (3/8"?) with the holes drilled for you.

So I need the 3/8" spacer?

Of some kind, yes. The body of the recovery point won't fit up into the pocket of the ARB bumper, the spacer just pushes it down by some amount (not sure if it's 3/8", or 1/2", etc.) so that it can bolt up.

The thinner set I don't think existed when I got mine. Mine are definitely thicker than 3/16.

Anyone know if spacers are required with the Ironman bumper? Or is this unique to the ARB design?
I have the Ironman bumper and recovery points and didn’t need any spacer (other than the one that is needed for the bumper itself). Bought M14 1.5x 80mm bolts for it tho. The 60s they came with were too short.

Did Ironman stop selling their recovery points? The direct link posted above doesnt work and I cant find them on their site.
@Ironman 4x4 USA
We found an issue with the batch that had powdercoating not up to our standards so we have pulled them until we can have a new batch made and shipped out.

Just piping in here to say that I am also picking up M14x80mm bolts as the ones for one side are too short for the recovery points and I’m not quite sure what they were smoking when they spec’d 100mm bolts that run out of thread before they’re tight on the other side.

It’s all good, I’m happy with the overall quality of the Ironman bumper and lift kit - probably the best bang for the buck on the market when you catch them on sale.

FWIW, OP, I bought four M14 x 1.50 x 80mm in a Grade 10 from my local Ace Hardware. They were pricey at around $5/ea. But they work great and are strong AF. I’m running them on my RoadSafe recovery points which appear to be a similar design. Paired them with a flat washer and a lock washer. 🙌🏻

View attachment 2805736
Can these RoadSafe recovery points be purchased state-side?

Just double checking here. I’m installing both an Ironman front bumper and Ironman recovery points. So I need 80mm length bolts and the capture nut plate that comes with the recovery points is not needed? Is that correct?

The nut plate is not for 100s.

The nut plate is not for 100s.
Thanks much. Can anyone confirm the 80mm length? I have to order a couple of things from McMaster and will get these as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom