For Sale Most recent 100 series prices (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let’s try this again, prior thread deleted, I assume they want to keep it clean, there was no explation given.

If you have sold a 100 series recently and want to share what you paid with details on truck this will be helpful for potential buyers currently looking.

This thread can be helpful for buyers looking to understand the market and different factors that come into play on pricing.

Please stay on topic!

I recently sold 2004 LX with 176k for 12,500. Truck was 9/10 on condition with full service records. Southern Vehicle no rust.

Last edited:
Haven't gotten a single nibble or question about my 2006 LC for sale here. Gas prices?

That one is interesting. Been on CarGurus for 32 days. Originally asking $29,957. I assume they got a number of calls, as it went up to $37,957 pretty quickly. All with no pictures. I emailed about pictures on July 9, and got a response that they were up on July 13. But no undercarriage pictures, which I mentioned in my July 9 email. No response from them.

Want me to go take a look at it for you?

Same boat broski, - For some weird reason no one wants to buy my stockish 250,00 mile 99 LX for $25K…
Same here, had it listed for a while. I had mine (05LX194K Lexus dealer records since new) listed @25k based on feedback from MUD members. I had an offer @20K at the time but I thought it was too low. I have since dropped it to $20k and still no takers. Had 2 other offers that were low IMO. I even said I will negotiate if you can show me a comparable rig with the condition and records but still no takers. I work from home so now I have 2 garage queen LX's :oops:. The gas prices is definetly affecting the demand for these. Only enthusiasts will buy now and they want it cheaper so they can spend more on mods. That is my take on it.

Same here, had it listed for a while. I had mine (05LX194K Lexus dealer records since new) listed @25k based on feedback from MUD members. I had an offer @20K at the time but I thought it was too low. I have since dropped it to $20k and still no takers. Had 2 other offers that were low IMO. I even said I will negotiate if you can show me a comparable rig with the condition and records but still no takers. I work from home so now I have 2 garage queen LX's :oops:. The gas prices is definetly affecting the demand for these. Only enthusiasts will buy now and they want it cheaper so they can spend more on mods. That is my take on it.
I look at Facebook every so often and noticed rigs sitting for months, with price drops. This is the San Antonio/Houston Texas area. I live in McAllen where people think everything is made of ggggoooooollllllldddddddd and price everything high.

Hit that guy back up that offered you twenty! But then again, what are you going to buy to replace it for that much?

Hit that guy back up that offered you twenty! But then again, what are you going to buy to replace it for that much?
I already replaced it with a low mileage 06 in my fav color combo. That was the only reason why I listed the 05 for sale. Otherwise, I would have kept it forever. It's in excellent condition TX rig with records since new.

I got no hits listing my 04 LC on Craigslist. Quite a bit of interest on FB Marketplace but mostly tire kickers. Finally listed it on auto trader and sold it within 2 days. I think it's just timing....you got to wait for the right buyer.

Just another data point.

2004 LC, grey interior/exterior.
174k miles
Dissent rear bumper with swing outs.
Ironman front bumper with spot light and no winch.
New interior - leather seats, carpet and steering wheel.
Ironman FCP stage 2 suspension kit.
Extended sway links.
TRD Rock Warriors with BFG KO2's
Completely baselined - timing belt, water pump, serpentine belt, alternator, all fluids, CV's, ball joints, etc.

All the above work done in the last year.

Listed for $35k, sold for $32.2k.

Not sure if this is a steal, or just where the market is headed.

Maybe a little of both? I think the market is all over the place right now. On one hand, there are some folks selling that have to unload for a multitude of reasons and they are wiling to take whatever they can get. Then there are guys like me that would like to sell but don't really need to so I have the time to wait for the right buyer. I have gotten all sorts of offers for mine that I think border on insulting but I do have 2-3 solid prospects that are trying to put funds together that are more in line with my asking price. The market is lower now than it was 6 months ago but I can wait till it turns around if I need to. Heck, it won't break my heart if it doesn't sell. It doesn't cost me anything other than insurance.

I had my 2000 LX470 that I owned for 15 years posted on both CL and Facebook (Denver, CO) for 2-months. It had ~280k miles. My initial asking price was $8,900 but no one called. I lowered the price to $7,900 and got two potential buyers. One ended up buying it for ~$7k. That's only a little more than the money I had spent in the last year in changing the steering rack, belts, control arms, starter, alternator, radiator etc. The only issues with my LX were a cracked windshield, and a small dent in the driver side fender.

Oh and this wasn't a one off. I had my 94 FZJ80 posted for a few months, and I ended up selling it for ~9k. It had 220k miles, and new lift/suspension, tires and rebuild axles in 2021. Not sure why I keep doing this to myself but I spend money on these rigs, get bored, and then sell them "cheap", only to turn around and buy another one :( I need to join "Cruiser Addicts Anonymous".

Last edited:
I had my 2000 LX470 that I owned for 15 years posted on both CL and Facebook (Denver, CO) for 2-months. It had ~280k miles. My initial asking price was $8,900 but no one called. I lowered the price to $7,900 and got two potential buyers. One ended up buying it for ~$7k. That's only a little more than the money I had spent in the last year in changing the steering rack, belts, control arms, starter, alternator, radiator etc. The only issues with my LX were a cracked windshield, and a small dent in the driver side fender.

Oh and this wasn't a one off. I had my 94 FZJ80 posted for a few months, and I ended up selling it for ~9k. It had 220k miles, and new lift/suspension, tires and rebuild axles in 2021. Not sure why I keep doing this to myself but I spend money on these rigs, get bored, and then sell them "cheap", only to turn around and buy another one :( I need to join "Cruiser Addicts Anonymous".

When I sold my GX460 I pulled off everything and put it back to stock. I made 75% of the money back on the aftermarket stuff. You are always going to take a huge loss selling a heavily modified vehicle. IMO they are much less desireable than a stock one.......even though the first thing I do is modify them lol Looked for a year for a clean bone stock 100 series. Had a lift and wheels/tires within a month LOL

Hey all, new guy here. I am looking for something to replace my avalanche and initially was looking for sequoias. However, I think I stumbled upon something far more interesting that would still work for me. Found a 1998 white landcruiser. Its in NY and is in very nice shape. Body looks near perfect. Frame has minor surface rust with the worst being on the crossmember, but it isn't bad. Car has about 130k miles. I think I can get it for 12k. I've seen prices all over the place, but most have much higher miles. I'm thinking its a good deal, but would like some other opinions as I know very little about Toyotas in general. Thanks

Hey all, new guy here. I am looking for something to replace my avalanche and initially was looking for sequoias. However, I think I stumbled upon something far more interesting that would still work for me. Found a 1998 white landcruiser. Its in NY and is in very nice shape. Body looks near perfect. Frame has minor surface rust with the worst being on the crossmember, but it isn't bad. Car has about 130k miles. I think I can get it for 12k. I've seen prices all over the place, but most have much higher miles. I'm thinking its a good deal, but would like some other opinions as I know very little about Toyotas in general. Thanks
It's a good deal.

Picked up a 1998 LX with 250k for $11k. In my opinion I paid about $4k too much, but it checked the majority of the boxes. It's also in the shop now looking about about $5k in repairs :rofl:

My take away is that in the $9500 - $12000 price point these things still move quick. Anything lower raises suspicion (or is a turd), and anything in the high end of the range people just aren't that motivated. I've been saying for the last two years that the whole used are market was going to bottom out, and obsessives like me could go back to collecting project rigs for $5k, but we're still not there yet.

Picked up a 1998 LX with 250k for $11k. In my opinion I paid about $4k too much, but it checked the majority of the boxes. It's also in the shop now looking about about $5k in repairs :rofl:

My take away is that in the $9500 - $12000 price point these things still move quick. Anything lower raises suspicion (or is a turd), and anything in the high end of the range people just aren't that motivated. I've been saying for the last two years that the whole used are market was going to bottom out, and obsessives like me could go back to collecting project rigs for $5k, but we're still not there yet.

It's starting to. Prices plateaued and are starting to tumble. Tundras have lost about $5000 - $7000 in value over the past two months. Tacos and 4Runners are going to follow suit once the Osborne Effect hits for the redesigns.

The used market won't bottom out*, but it will come back down to earth. Cruisers have always had a price floor around $7500 - $12500, but expect to see the days of asking $30K for a 20 year old truck to begin a race to that floor.

* The reason used cars can't bottom out is because the inventory simply isn't there. Used car inventories are still low. There isn't some surplus that's suddenly going to show up. Inflation/recession concerns will cool off retail, but there are still two big factors:
1) Production. We've had 3 years of reduced production levels. That's a shortage that'll carry into the used market. In 2024, imagine trying to buy a 3 year old car. That's 2021 -- peak chip shortage.
2) Owners. We've also had people paying sticker plus for vehicles. As prices level out, that turns into negative equity. In that same 2024, a person with a three year old car trying to trade it in will be buried in it. They'll have to keep it.

I definitely agree, i'll only add that it depends on what you're looking for. I really don't want anything newer than 2008/2010, somewhere in there; over the summer I was looking to buy a 3rd Gen 4Runner, and couldn't kind one that checked the boxes for under $10k. I've got to figure that was based purely on presumed inflation by the seller, but was the market really that high for a 22 year old 4Runner. I definitely agree that the production shortage will create a bow wave of used car disruption, like none of us have seen. However, I just want to be able to buy my old 20 year old, 250k mile Toyotas for $5k again haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom