One of the nicest 60 series I have ever seen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Figured some of you might be interested in this BaT listing closing today. High roof, left hand drive 62 that was completely overhauled by the FJ company. Sold for $134k in 2021 at the Gooding & Co. auction in Monterey CA.

Should be a fun auction to watch as it closes this afternoon. Maybe a $200k+ sale.

Can't decide if I love or hate the olive paint job.

auction link: 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62 - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-toyota-land-cruiser-fj62/

build link: 1986 FJ62 - Olive - FJ62-048089 - https://www.fj.co/detail/1986-Land-Cruiser-FJ62_254

2021 auction link: 1986 Toyota FJ62 Land Cruiser - https://www.goodingco.com/lot/1986-toyota-fj62-land-cruiser

1663261196064.png

Beautiful rig, but all that work and they converted it into an automatic?!
Yup, originally a 5 speed manual but they "upgraded" to the 4 speed automatic that came with most 62s.

The power sunroof is a pretty cool spec, and I like how it has the round headlights from the 60.

I might be dumb but doesn’t that shackle angle mean the spring has plenty of room to ‘flatten’ under compression? Isn’t that a good thing?

Anti inversion shackles ftw!

shiny aluminum caster shims and cheap hose clamps and 13mm bolt heads tell all

Lot of money to still have a points distributor too...

Yup, originally a 5 speed manual but they "upgraded" to the 4 speed automatic that came with most 62s.

Let's face it, the target market for this rig is a retired businessman who has more money than he knows what to do with and wants a "cool" car that isn't any harder to drive than the Lincoln that sits next to it in the garage.

That's actually the target demographic for the FJ Company as a whole, IMHO.

shiny aluminum caster shims and cheap hose clamps and 13mm bolt heads tell all

Lot of money to still have a points distributor too...

I knew the ih8mud gaggle would pile on to point out the flaws in this build. It is ironic considering the state of most of our own rigs. Nonetheless I love the comments.

IMO a rising tide lifts all boats and we could all stand to benefit auctions like this one. Plus, it's just fun to watch the bidding and banter 👍

A shiny shell of a 60 series. Land Cruisers were designed, engineered, and built to be driven in harsh environments over bad roads. This one never will be used in that capacity. A440F was a stupid "upgrade."

A shiny shell of a 60 series. Land Cruisers were designed, engineered, and built to be driven in harsh environments over bad roads. This one never will be used in that capacity. A440F was a stupid "upgrade."
I agree with you, but I also understand those people that don’t do off-roading but still want factory condition FJ62s to use as a daily driver and grocery-getter. They are really cool trucks, after all.

The thing about this truck that I don’t really get is that I doubt this truck will see very much pavement (let alone dirt) under its own power.

At this price point, it seems like this auction is more so for collecting a display piece than anything else, and it’s a pricey display piece at that.

If you were a land cruiser enthusiast and wanted something to actually use and enjoy, you can spend a lot less and still walk away with a truck in good condition.

I would honestly be embarrassed to spend that much on a single landcruiser—even a pretty one.

Bid to $110,000.00. Reserve not met. I'm not surprised.

I thought it would go higher. There was an FJ company 40 series build that went for $270k a few weeks back. Thought this one might be in the ballpark. Then again the stock market took a nosedive after Tuesday's CPI report. Maybe the big bidders are cutting their losses for the week 🤷‍♂️

The thought of driving this one stresses me out. I get sucked into a conversation every time I park my 60. Can't imagine what it would be like with this one.

The paint job is different, not for me. The interior is fine. Overall the restoration is ok I guess but the frame looks powdercoated which I don't like. I don't know why you would pay big money for a carbuerated automatic 3fe...that was the nice thing about US 3fe motors-they were port injected. If it had a v8 swap it would be worth more I think.

I thought it would go higher. There was an FJ company 40 series build that went for $270k a few weeks back. Thought this one might be in the ballpark. Then again the stock market took a nosedive after Tuesday's CPI report. Maybe the big bidders are cutting their losses for the week 🤷‍♂️

The thought of driving this one stresses me out. I get sucked into a conversation every time I park my 60. Can't imagine what it would be like with this one.
The paint job is different, not for me. The interior is fine. Overall the restoration is ok I guess but the frame looks powdercoated which I don't like. I don't know why you would pay big money for a carbuerated automatic 3fe...that was the nice thing about US 3fe motors-they were port injected. If it had a v8 swap it would be worth more I think.

Facts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom