White smoke coming from driver side engine? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2001 LX470 that has white smoke coming out of the driver side hood even when running for 5 minutes. Does anyone know what this could be from? It is not overheating either. I have provided pictures of where the smoke is coming from
IMG_1607.jpeg
IMG_1609.jpeg

More than likely it's going to be the valve cover gasket leaking onto the exhaust manifold.

Your brake fluid looks low. May be a brake line leaking fluid on exhaust.

I'll mirror the two previous comments

Brake fluid - if it leaks it can corrode the electrical connections down below. Take a look and clean all of that up. Then read the directions on the reservoir on how to check levels and top off. or just bring it to a mechanic

Valve cover- Common leak, not a major deal but you should pull your dipstick and check your oil levels. Repair can be done with a few hours of labor

Other possible reasons for smoking......maybe coolant is leaking and hitting exhaust. Maybe cam seals under the timing belt cover are leaking and getting hot.... but based on most peoples experiences here it's more than likely the top two possibilities.

and I'm not a big fan of worm drive clamps on coolant hoses. Keep an eye on those clamps on your heater t and make sure they don't damage the hose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom