Events/Trails Cal BDR part 2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overlandeffex

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello all the Beach N Toys amazing members. Like it says in the title we are going to get on and finish up the bdr in october. Dates to go will be October 20nd to the 23rd. Leave on the Thursday head to Bishop and get groceries and then to the end of the bdr to start Friday and start heading back from that point. Game plan is to finish up and furnace Creek on Sunday about 12:00. Come one come all let's have a finish of this trail and have a good time!

I so wish I could go. #4 is due right around then so I am grounded. I'll have to webwheel this one.

Frank

Would be nice to finish this one off. Linda and I plan to go but she still has to get final clearance from work, which shouldn't be a problem.

Looks fun. Are you planning on the optional harder sections, or just the standard route?

What do you think the weather will be like? A video I am watching from a couple years ago had temps above 100 around October timeframe.

Looks fun. Are you planning on the optional harder sections, or just the standard route?

What do you think the weather will be like? A video I am watching from a couple years ago had temps above 100 around October timeframe.
Temp is always a crap shoot out there. Usually it's warm days and cool night hopefully. As for harder sections really depends on time frame as we have limited run time, but harder could be fun.

Why not run it South to North? Would there be any issues in that direction?

There is no issues with running it the normal way....it was just easy to bounce out of the Furnace Creek area and hit Baker. There are tons of closures due to the rains.... may have to postpone this. Looking to get updates soon.

So... Obviously we did not do this run. Looking to run this in December after Christmas. More to come and hopefully it won't be too snowy.

Thinking about doing part 1 (Yuma to Primm) soon. How bad is it? Should I plan for 1 or 2 nights camping? Could a stock Subaru Outback make it?

It was not bad at all. Just lots of miles to be put down each day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom