What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (82 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Checked and tightened the front hub nuts. Loose as expected.

Got really dirty and rebuilt my front knuckles with a kit from Cruiser Outfitters. Very nice stuff.

Front Knuckle Rebuild.jpg

The thought of selling it was solid till the wife said, we put new tires on it you are keeping it for a little while longer. Also, one car payment is better than two.

AND one 80 is better than none. :cool:

Re
A little bondo and some primer. And it looks pretty good. I was not able to keep that factory seam but I bet no one will notice. Waiting in raptor liner to blend it all together. I suppose I should do the other side while I’m at it here. This is good practice for my super rusty ‘60.

View attachment 2872595

View attachment 2872596
Just realized I never posted the final result. Here it is from a a few months back. Using a small roller, I rolled in raptor liner a few inches up the door. It hen hosed the whole thing down with fluid film inside and out.

820BA07A-F760-46DE-8756-40744C134A1E.jpeg

80557D94-2E46-4A2A-BE41-61E866DC69B7.jpeg

31593BEA-1AF1-42E1-8153-E0402CA91BA6.jpeg

E206D0AF-B629-4F1D-A8BA-3CC63C2C7293.jpeg

That was in the plans but we lost two family members and we helped with the funeral cost and that dipped into our savings.
My condolences to your family loss.

Depends what you saw. Lots of potatoes means you were cruising in Idaho while rolling cornfields means Iowa. It's a simpleton's method to figuring out where you are after waking up from a massive, blackout bender :rofl:

Great trip with @Delta VS @Dirty Koala @Box Rocket through Idaho...or was that Iowa?

Depends what you saw. Lots of potatoes means you were cruising in Idaho while rolling cornfields means Iowa. It's a simpleton's method to figuring out where you are after waking up from a massive, blackout bender :rofl:
I ate this thing..
20220904_113255.jpg

Put a new windshield in this one today.

200BE8CE-A233-4FA4-8D01-F6E3CFC61E37.jpeg

I was fully expecting rust in the windshield frame since the rear hatch is rusty and so is bottom of the doors. Surprised to find there was none!

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom