Recommend a Cruiser Mechanic in your area (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any recommendations in North Western Wisconsin OR the Twin Cities?

LINT AUTOMOTIVE - ORANGE COUNTY, CA
LINTAUTOMOTIVE.COM - 949-273-3435
Nothing but good things to say about Kyle. He's a super friendly guy and knows older Toyotas very well.

Goode’s Off Road in Rowlett, TX. New suspension and h55 swap on my fj62. Turned it into a new truck!!
Michael and team know their stuff!

Orange County California - Sunrise Automotive (Ed Schroeder Carburetion) in Westminster. Wonderful people and great, speedy service.

Top Line Performance
Huntington Beach, CA

This shop I work for does a ton of Land Cruisers. 60, 62, 80, 100 series mostly. I am one of the mechanics there. Highly recommend them as a LC enthusiasts myself. I've done a couple of big jobs on 60/62 trucks there.

I also do work on the side, PM if you need anything.

20221227_092606.jpg

Top Line Performance
Huntington Beach, CA

This shop I work for does a ton of Land Cruisers. 60, 62, 80, 100 series mostly. I am one of the mechanics there. Highly recommend them as a LC enthusiasts myself. I've done a couple of big jobs on 60/62 trucks there.

I also do work on the side, PM if you need anything.

View attachment 3270877
That is my cruiser. Cool picture. Thank you for your work, I know it was not an easy project.

Do you have a body shop nearby that you would recommend? Have a couple of minor rust spots I'm looking to get ahead of.

That is my cruiser. Cool picture. Thank you for your work, I know it was not an easy project.

Do you have a body shop nearby that you would recommend? Have a couple of minor rust spots I'm looking to get ahead of.
Hey there! It was a fun project for me, since I enjoy working on Land Cruisers.

For body work, the shop uses Beach Collision on Gothard. They have a good relationship with them.

:cheers:

Looking for a solid mechanic to get my new to me 60 carb sorted. I’m north of Atlanta but can tow 120 miles free w Haggerty…

Not ACC, it’s not THAT truck….

LINT AUTOMOTIVE - ORANGE COUNTY, CA
LINTAUTOMOTIVE.COM - 949-273-3435
Nothing but good things to say about Kyle. He's a super friendly guy and knows older Toyotas very well.
Just got off the phone w. lint automotive.

Sorry to say that they have 2 much work to take any appointments, even though I was trying to book a month out for general vehicle survey (prior to my LC Drive-about).

Even though I used him before, never debated price, and raved about him, I got the feeling my $ was not worthy.

Said to go someplace else. Sad.

Long time Cruiser knuckle buster here. Relocated to the Rio Verde Foothills in Scottsdale AZ.
Robbie AKA powderpig Adventure Offroad
robbie@powderpig.space
3zero3eight eight 4 seven eight one 3
Getting use to the heat.

Gotta shout out Rubber City Land Cruisers in The Cleveland / Akron area. Jesse is as solid as they come. My 60 needed a pretty robust mechanical baselining to correct leaky exhaust manifolds, rear main, oil pan gasket, and so much more. I also finally got the H55 installed.

I feel like I have been wawling around with a Lego in my shoe for 10 years and Jesse took it out. I had no idea how much fun these are to drive when they are as sorted as mine is now. Picked up huge performance and drivability gains. It's silly how much I enjoy driving this thing now that the stumbling / hesitation / drifting / leaking / spitting / bucking is a distant memory. My only complaint... with all of that corrected and the truck running so quiet and smooth, my turn signals somehow got really loud.

Great communication throughout. 10 out of 10 recommend. Please add to the gsheet.

Rubber City Land Cruisers
+1 7705977354
Jesse@rubbercitylandcruisers.com
@Jdc1 here on the mud.

Hi friends - I have had an 1984 FJ60 for a couple of years and am still in the process of sorting it out. Previous owner converted it to Howell fuel injection and put headers on it. I've done the OME thing and am happy with how it drives (and just 122k miles) but i have two frustrating problems that i haven't been able to sort yet: the first is exhaust/backfire/popping issue - particularly on deceleration when the engine is nice and warm. The second problem is that the gas tank leaks from the filler nozzle when i fill it to the top. Can anybody recommend a good mechanic in the NW CT area? I've been trying out different places but haven't found the right shop yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom