Project or POS? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don’t spend a dime on a it other than routine-ish maintenance. Drive it until it the day comes when you feel it’s done. Happy.
X2. Drive and enjoy in the present condition. Put little time and practically zero money into it. Or, sell and buy a better one as someone suggested.

I'd drive the wheels off of it.

Truthfully my '99 is starting to look like that and I continue to dump $$$ into it. However, I would NOT pay someone else to work on it because it would cost a ton. I've had 125k miles of carefree miles with my rusty 100. It doesn't hurt when you bang up a rusty bucket a little, but it does hurt when you bang up a cream puff.

Another thing to consider as a good practice, once you do get a bolt out without breaking it (you’ll soon learn the art form), clean both male and female threads and coat with anti-seize or replace with new. It will help in the long run if you do keep and run this vehicle, for future wrenching endeavors.

Another thing to consider as a good practice, once you do get a bolt out without breaking it (you’ll soon learn the art form), clean both male and female threads and coat with anti-seize or replace with new. It will help in the long run if you do keep and run this vehicle, for future wrenching endeavors.
That's probably the only thing I dislike about older vehicles in the rust belt. Every job no matter how small always have that one bolt/screw/nut that's rust welded on...and lucky if only one. A lot of time wasted on stuck fasteners.

That's probably the only thing I dislike about older vehicles in the rust belt. Every job no matter how small always have that one bolt/screw/nut that's rust welded on...and lucky if only one. A lot of time wasted on stuck fasteners.
We judge jobs in broken bolts in Michigan, not by bananas lol. I anticipate breaking at least 2 every job, it doesn’t always happen, but at least I’m prepared for that time when it comes.

And buying new ones.

There’s a shop up in CT called SafeTCaps. They don’t sell ones for LCs but they’ve been repairing Tacos and 4Runners for awhile.

I’ve used this company for a 4Runner frame, great products and good company to deal with.

Got some more good pics of the underside. not as bad as it could be.

fuel leak fixed.

IMG_1178.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom