New members New members! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Happy Monday everyone, just joined today. Recently moved down from SWVA to Gville in May to start my medical residency. Happy owner of 04 LC100 and '87 4Runner. If you see someone in Simpsonville or DT with screeching belts in a black 1st gen or notice loud PU UCA bushings in a white LC100 with a VaTech sticker thats most likely me. Glad there's a good community here, looking forward to meeting you all.

Welcome to the Upstate

Happy Monday everyone, just joined today. Recently moved down from SWVA to Gville in May to start my medical residency. Happy owner of 04 LC100 and '87 4Runner. If you see someone in Simpsonville or DT with screeching belts in a black 1st gen or notice loud PU UCA bushings in a white LC100 with a VaTech sticker thats most likely me. Glad there's a good community here, looking forward to meeting you all.
Hey man welcome! What’s your specialty? I’m with vascular surgery at Prisma…

Ok good deal, I joined about a month and a half ago, so might just have missed the letter. No worries just wanted to check in on it. Thanks guys!
Or somebody is slacking! :worms:

Afternoon, gents.

I live just outside of Athens, Georgia and have been researching the different clubs in my area. They just don't seem to be a good fit for me. I've been pokin' around the UC forum and it's seems like a good group to link up with. I especially like the service efforts mentioned on your website.

A little about me...

I'm 42 with a wife, 10yo daughter and 8yo son. We're newish to cruiser ownership, but have had exposure to LCs beginning when my friend in high school got a new 80 series in '96 for her birthday (lol) and another friend picked up an old silver 60 when we were seniors. In 2013 when my 00 Suburban was totaled I decided a 100 series would be the replacement. I scoured the nation looking for the right one - even walked away from a 03 in Thundercloud with 98k on the clock over $1000. Asking price was $14,999 o_O (if we could go back to those prices!). Up against the clock with having to drive a rental, I settled on a 2004 Z71 Suburban that has done everything I've expected of it.

Fast forward to 2018... It was time to start searching for a new vehicle for my wife. She fell in love with the 200s and we started casually looking. It took over a year, but we found a great deal on a low mile 16. Just last week I picked up an amazing 13 after a 10 month search. And here we are!

A few questions, if I may...

Do you accept members from out of state and what would y'all say the ratios are of the club in terms of models? Some clubs don't appear to really have a good representation of 200 owners, which is fine of course, but it seems like there's a prejudice there among the guys who own 100s and older.

Thanks for the time!

Hey all! Finally got around to joining today, my dads been a member for a while. My wife and I have a 91 fj80 named Tina! She’s old and squeaky but we love it!

11F1A94B-1D60-47F8-814F-02F6B64AB1D2.jpeg

Hey everyone just a heads @ceby will be taking over the new membership coordination. We will also make sure to go back through and send a welcome packet to those who have not gotten one so please post up if you have not received one.

Membership records are now up to date, all new members over the last year will be receiving welcome letters shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom