FYI - Kenda Klever R/T KR601.....NEW size on the way..... 33x9.50R15LT (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a local shop install mine last night. They are very well balanced - they only took 1/2 the weights of the old BFG 33x9.5s I had on there. I put 29 psi in them and they are on a '78 FJ40. They are smooth as glass at 70 mph, seem to corner well and have good traction.

Anything would beat my fossilized 15 year old BFGs, but I am very impressed with the Kendas. Sadly, I won't put enough miles on them to likely ever wear them out, but I'll try.

DSCN6210.JPG

DSCN6205.JPG

I had a local shop install mine last night. They are very well balanced - they only took 1/2 the weights of the old BFG 33x9.5s I had on there. I put 29 psi in them and they are on a '78 FJ40. They are smooth as glass at 70 mph, seem to corner well and have good traction.

Anything would beat my fossilized 15 year old BFGs, but I am very impressed with the Kendas. Sadly, I won't put enough miles on them to likely ever wear them out, but I'll try.

View attachment 3057006

View attachment 3057007
Looks good!
What do they measure out to mounted?
Did you get them at the old price?

I got them at the old price from Walmart, thankfully. They were taller than my BFGs (which were half worn). Someone else in this thread took measurements, but I will try to remember to do so, and edit this post tonight.

EDIT - the tires measure 32 1/4" from the ground to the top of the tire, with 29 PSI in them.

Last edited:
Might as well. Mine are tucked under the stairs while I wait for new OEM rims and hubcaps I ordered to arrive - could be a month or two.
Or 3!

IMG_0846.JPG

UPS came this afternoon. Patience is a virtue indeed. :rolleyes:

Next I'll paint the rims gray, get the Kendas mounted and take more pics.

Thank you Land Cruiser junkies for helping me find the Walmart deal on these skinnies - $178 per tire for 5 of these shipped to my door in Alaska was a deal I could not pass up!

I've had these sitting around all summer while I sourced a deal on some 15x7 SR5 alloys. Finally got them mounted a couple weeks ago.

100 miles on them so far with no issues to report - they ride smoother and quieter then my old BFG 33x10.5 ATs.

Hadn't found any photos of these on 15x7 wheels, so here you go! Along with some comparison shots vs the BFG 33x10.5 ATs. They come in about 1/2" to 3/4" taller than my BFGs.
IMG_2555.JPG
IMG_2368.JPG
IMG_2369.JPG

@peacesells63 and all, thanks for making aware of these. Got them when they were on sale at walmart. Finally installed them. Creates a whole new look.
For comparison (L-R) original Dunlop Weathermaster 7.60-15, Klever R/T 33x9.50 R 15LT, Wildcat EXT Radial LT 235/75R15, .
Tires Comparision.JPG

And the new Kenda Klever with freshly powercoated original wheels.
New Tires.JPG

The new look.
New Tires2.jpg

Or 3!

View attachment 3091781

UPS came this afternoon. Patience is a virtue indeed. :rolleyes:

Next I'll paint the rims gray, get the Kendas mounted and take more pics.
UPDATE: Painted, mounted & balanced and installed yesterday. Before and after:
32 in BFG.JPG
32 in BFG2.JPG
33 in Kenda.JPG
33 in Kenda2.JPG

I like the stance, and really like how the 9.5 width fits inside the fender on stock rims.
BFG vs Kenda.JPG

I've been filling the BFGs to 32psi, but the tire guy pointed out these were max 50 and I agreed on 40psi.
Took them out yesterday and today, and am impressed how they ride - very quiet on pavement at 45mph, and comfortable on a stretch of road being torn up for repaving. I like 'em!

UPDATE: Painted, mounted & balanced and installed yesterday. Before and after:
View attachment 3113366View attachment 3113367View attachment 3113368View attachment 3113369

I like the stance, and really like how the 9.5 width fits inside the fender on stock rims.
View attachment 3113371
I've been filling the BFGs to 32psi, but the tire guy pointed out these were max 50 and I agreed on 40psi.
Took them out yesterday and today, and am impressed how they ride - very quiet on pavement at 45mph, and comfortable on a stretch of road being torn up for repaving. I like 'em!
For comparison purposes, what size are your old BFG's?

Apples to apples. BFG 33x9.5 in the middle. Kenda tread is one full inch wider. Tire on the left is a 235x85x16
0CF8B9DB-BBA8-4E2F-A8F2-29399024030C.jpeg

Note: you are always welcome to hit the like button if you find this information useful.

Last edited:
Not enough cell to upload pics of tires in use on the trail in DV. My initial impression is that I’m going to have to run them under-inflated to get them to their sweet spot on the 6” rim. Might take even a little more with 5.5” rims y’all are running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom