200 series picture thread (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

18 Years ago on the left. Last week on the right. Visited an old trail fav I used to take all the time when I lived in Logan and remembered taking a pic in that same spot a long time ago. Considerably smoother ride in the 200 than it was in the 40. Don't worry though, I still have the 40 - dismantled in my garage for engine rebuild, minor rust repair, new paint, new weatherstrips, etc.. Hoping to get it back on the road this winter.

A5464297-9C41-4D2E-AA68-731A54453976.JPG
AEB31441-2CB3-4ECF-9E8D-3706C120C979.JPG

A trip I've been wanting to do. I hope it was good!
Truly an awesome trip that I recommend. Spent two months on the road.

Dempster, Tuktoyaktuk for summer solstice, Dawson City, Top of the World, Nabesna, McCarthy, Valdez, Old Denali, Knik Glacier, Haines, Stewart/Hyder and so much more. Can't wait to get back up there.

Truly an awesome trip that I recommend. Spent two months on the road.

Dempster, Tuktoyaktuk for summer solstice, Dawson City, Top of the World, Nabesna, McCarthy, Valdez, Old Denali, Knik Glacier, Haines, Stewart/Hyder and so much more. Can't wait to get back up there.

Any damage from rocks and road debris?

Any damage from rocks and road debris?
Windshield, but that is a given when doing a trip up there. The front of the trailer looks like it has been sandblasted....lol Lots of scratches and pinstriping from doing Knik Glacier. My buddy took some heavy rocker, rear bumper, bed/tailgate and taillight damage at Knik as well. The mud and silt plays havoc on things, as it gets everywhere.

Windshield, but that is a given when doing a trip up there. The front of the trailer looks like it has been sandblasted....lol Lots of scratches and pinstriping from doing Knik Glacier. My buddy took some heavy rocker, rear bumper, bed/tailgate and taillight damage at Knik as well. The mud and silt plays havoc on things, as it gets everywhere.
Forgot to mention, every wheel has damage from rocks, logs, etc...lol

Forgot to mention, every wheel has damage from rocks, logs, etc...lol
A success then! LOL. Every scratch and dent means a story to tell.

Man that is epic - having lived in Alaska and been to the North Slope, I recognized the terrain instantly.

I do hope you post a trip report and/or more pictures for those who want to live vicariously through your experience.
It definitely was epic! I am behind on downloading pictures and video, but hoping to get caught up this weekend. Will definitely post a trip report.

It's always fun (and scary) pulling into parking garages. I don't often, but our lifted rigs sure look big in them.

Do you find yourself opening the sunroof cover and watching the ceiling as you slowly pull in?

tempImageOZvTsj.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom