factory rear sliding windows 60 series (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reading through this again, I don't think gull wing cargo windows are going to happen for me, so I'm planning to soon recondition my sliders. New powder coat on the frames, tweak the dividers to better match the curve of the glass, new pad/fuzz on the dividers, new channel flocking, and properly seal around them once I get them reinstalled after refurbishing.

Be nice to have them all cleaned up nice and new again.

Outside window gasket measures 100.5 in or 255cm you will have very little extra so no mistakes. You would need double that to do both sides. Hope that helps.

-Dave

Last edited:
Do you happen to know how many meters or feet of dual channel weatherstripping is required to re-do a set of these? Would an 8ft piece be enough to do a single window? I'm away from the 60 at present otherwise I'd go do some rough measurements/estimations.
I have a set of Aussie sliders sitting in my garage that I need to refurb. I wonder if we can either find stuff in quantity here in the US (for a discount), or share shipping from the place in Oz. I still need to go back through this post again and get a parts list.

I have a set of Aussie sliders sitting in my garage that I need to refurb. I wonder if we can either find stuff in quantity here in the US (for a discount), or share shipping from the place in Oz. I still need to go back through this post again and get a parts list.
I checked all of the parts for the slider rebuild that @red66toy listed in post #52 of this thread, and they all seem to be still available from Toyota in the US for about $150 for the whole BOM.

The "bailey channel" or dual channel weather stripping seems a little harder to source:

* Bailey Channel (P/N 350.117) @ Scott's Old Auto Rubber in AU, unknown price/availability (I haven't contacted yet)
* CR Laurence CRL 1-3/16" x 7/16" Unbeaded Flexible Double Glass Run Channel (P/N 21414301911), only seems available in 100/200ft rolls, some retail availability for about $380/100ft, could not find a cut-to-length source.
* Fairchild Unbeaded All Rubber Flexible Flocked Rubber Channel Height 15/32"; Width 1 1/16"; 2 Openings each 3/16" to 7/32" {8 ft}, $24/8ft cut length from Rock Auto, currently in stock as of 2022-09.

Outside window gasket measures 103cm that will have a little extra to work with. You would need double that to do both sides. Hope that helps.

-Dave

Thanks! Does the dual channel weatherstripping not go all the way around the window? I just measured my (non-slider) rear windows and they're about 100in all the way around, not 100cm?

I checked all of the parts for the slider rebuild that @red66toy listed in post #52 of this thread, and they all seem to be still available from Toyota in the US for about $150 for the whole BOM.

The "bailey channel" or dual channel weather stripping seems a little harder to source:

* Bailey Channel (P/N 350.117) @ Scott's Old Auto Rubber in AU, unknown price/availability (I haven't contacted yet)
* CR Laurence CRL 1-3/16" x 7/16" Unbeaded Flexible Double Glass Run Channel (P/N 21414301911), only seems available in 100/200ft rolls, some retail availability for about $380/100ft, could not find a cut-to-length source.
* Fairchild Unbeaded All Rubber Flexible Flocked Rubber Channel Height 15/32"; Width 1 1/16"; 2 Openings each 3/16" to 7/32" {8 ft}, $24/8ft cut length from Rock Auto, currently in stock as of 2022-09.

Thanks! Does the dual channel weatherstripping not go all the way around the window? I just measured my (non-slider) rear windows and they're about 100in all the way around, not 100cm?

I should have listed in inches. I corrected my original post. 255cm per side is needed.

What seal are people using for the outermost seal that goes between the window frame and body? Original from Toyota is NLA.

Coincidentally, I'm about to put my sliders back together with new hardware.. Just in time for fall.

What seal are people using for the outermost seal that goes between the window frame and body? Original from Toyota is NLA.

Coincidentally, I'm about to put my sliders back together with new hardware.. Just in time for fall.
I used a generic D shaped foam seal from Amazon.
The main seal that holds the window in is just butyl rubber which you can buy in strips. Super easy to use and has sealed perfectly.

Can anyone confirm if the CR Lawrence are the same as Spector?
As I said above if a few of us have to go in on a bulk quantity purchase to get higher quality or a better price per window set, count me in. The CR Lawrence is apparently bulk, right? But nobody’s ever bought it, right?

Maybe a quantity purchase from Scott in Oz to save on shipping? I’m looking for some motivation to get mine refurbed 🤣

Can anyone confirm if the CR Lawrence are the same as Spector?

100 % they are. Last I checked CR Lawrence had them listed only for a BJ60.

IMG_2019.jpg

I sold my stock sliding windows as they were leaking and needed a rebuild. Installed Gullwing windows from 3xm and have been very happy with them.

As I said above if a few of us have to go in on a bulk quantity purchase to get higher quality or a better price per window set, count me in. The CR Lawrence is apparently bulk, right? But nobody’s ever bought it, right?

Maybe a quantity purchase from Scott in Oz to save on shipping? I’m looking for some motivation to get mine refurbed 🤣
I've got windows on the way, will let you know what I find. The Fairchild 8' cut lengths sound like they are just a little too short to do a window which is a bummer as that'd be ideal w/ very little waste & no need to order rolls in the 100s of ft.

I've got windows on the way, will let you know what I find. The Fairchild 8' cut lengths sound like they are just a little too short to do a window which is a bummer as that'd be ideal w/ very little waste & no need to order rolls in the 100s of ft.

This is the first I'm hearing of the fairchild 06378 being too short.

Did you find an alternative?

A few members asked me — I have a couple of nice rust free factory sliding window sets available. Please PM if you’re interested.

@red66toy resurrecting an old thread here as I'm just now getting around to refurbing my windows. My frames needed some light rust mitigation inside the tracks so I removed the glass. It wasn't easy. How have you folks reinstalled the glass in the frames? Just go full Hulk and spread the frame by hand while somebody else sneaks the glass in?

I removed it by cutting out the "bailey channel" so the windows had a ton of play, and the Hulk method was still pretty difficult. Once I install the new bailey channel there's no way the glass is going back in that way. Or else just need to start lifting weights first. Anybody have tips or tricks for this?

@red66toy resurrecting an old thread here as I'm just now getting around to refurbing my windows. My frames needed some light rust mitigation inside the tracks so I removed the glass. It wasn't easy. How have you folks reinstalled the glass in the frames? Just go full Hulk and spread the frame by hand while somebody else sneaks the glass in?

I removed it by cutting out the "bailey channel" so the windows had a ton of play, and the Hulk method was still pretty difficult. Once I install the new bailey channel there's no way the glass is going back in that way. Or else just need to start lifting weights first. Anybody have tips or tricks for this?
For removal I did just that. Frame on the ground, pulled up on the frame with hands until I had clearance to remove glass from the center. I figured I would reverse the process for install but ended up selling the disassembled frames.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom