For Sale Franklin, LA: FJ40 PTO gear box and winch. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a PTO gear box and winch with the 'drive' shaft from a 73 FJ40 with a 3 spd. I also have the taper mount washers and the 'hanger' bearing mount/housing(not shown, yet). Now the bad, I don't know how well any of it works, the gear box was not mounted to the transfer case when I got it.

I'm not really sure how much to ask for this as it's not something I've seen a lot of posts for and the 1s I have seen are either in better shape or just a few pieces. So how about we start at $1800/OBO for everything?

I can do pallet shipping and will have forklift to load it. Or if someone is kinda local we can maybe work out a meet up. I live in north Louisiana but this is at my Dads house in the Franklin LA area in South Louisiana.

20220911_134904.jpg
20220911_135551.jpg
20220911_135538.jpg
messages_0 (2).jpeg
messages_0 (3).jpeg

Last edited:
It's missing alot of key parts. Pillow block, shifter etc. A clean complete PTO setup would command a price around what you are asking.

It's missing alot of key parts. Pillow block, shifter etc. A clean complete PTO setup would command a price around what you are asking.
I do have a shifter but I'm not sure its complete or correct. I will add pictures of it.

As for the pillow block, I don't know the proper names of the PTO parts, is that the part that attaches to the front cross member under the radiator? If so, I have that just called it 'hanger bearing'. Adding pictures of it as well.

Also, edited the listing for price change.

Sadly the insides of the PTO look rusted. Not sure what the original asking price was. Not sure the value is. Basically a complete rebuild minus parts. Have the intact aluminum housing for the pillow block bearing is a plus. The fact that the frame frame member had to be cut to get it out indicates how much of a chore it was be to restore it. Very good change the bearing in the pillow block is toast. Gooding to be tough to tear it apart without destroying the aluminum housing. If everything you have was restored would be worth a lot more than it sits now. No guarantee it can be restored. Sell it off in pieces we be able to sell some and probably have to give the rest away. So keep that in mind. While some pieces are same they can be what makes the sale. Seen it happen here many times. Some asked to just buy a certain part. Sell that and the rest loses 99% of possible buyers.

I don’t envy whoever has to rebuild that PTO winch. The pillow block and bearing are nearly impossible to find. I’ve been there two years ago and for half the price you’re asking. Good luck.

1289F9A9-ACDA-4F0E-AEEF-5E475BDE82E7.jpeg

Yeah I guess I need to ask the mods to remove this thread (unless they think its a decent discussion thread and want to move it). I've decided to at least refurb most of it, to up the value.

MODS PLEASE DO AS YOU SEE FIT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom