factory rear sliding windows 60 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have been meaning to add this but I was limited by the amount of pictures in one post. This is the layout of the D-shaped weatherstripping on the outer window frame based on the OEM piece that I pulled off:

I think you missed something in Mark-up. I took care of that for you Chase 🤣

E14CE116-846C-4A01-A307-A03A4D4CF399.jpeg

Alright i have almost finished with the refurb of my Aussie windows but I need some help with the center vertical bar. Toyota no longer makes the “caterpillar” weather stripping that goes in the bar, and the 80 series bars are NLA from Toyota according to my dealer. Anybody have any creative ideas or leads?

In classic fashion, I think that after literally weeks to months of reading these threads and related searches, I have found a reasonable solution immediately after asking for help on this forum with regards to the "caterpillar" weatherstripping.

Amazon product ASIN B00D0RITMG
The correct term for this type of weatherstrip is called "Pile Weatherstrip". I found what appears to be very close to the correct size at the link I've posted above. I'll update this post when it arrives this week. Who knows what the original pile height was, but I'm measuring mine at about 4mm on the 40 year old weatherstrip, and the old backing appears to be just shy of 7mm. 6.8mm backing and 5.1mm pile height should be close enough.

In classic fashion, I think that after literally weeks to months of reading these threads and related searches, I have found a reasonable solution immediately after asking for help on this forum with regards to the "caterpillar" weatherstripping.

Amazon product ASIN B00D0RITMG
The correct term for this type of weatherstrip is called "Pile Weatherstrip". I found what appears to be very close to the correct size at the link I've posted above. I'll update this post when it arrives this week. Who knows what the original pile height was, but I'm measuring mine at about 4mm on the 40 year old weatherstrip, and the old backing appears to be just shy of 7mm. 6.8mm backing and 5.1mm pile height should be close enough.
Good find!!!

Does anyone have any leads on where someone can acquire a set of these; regardless of condition? There’s a place called CruiserParts but they have a horrible reputation in this forum.

@simulacrum Try Reaching out to @FJ40GURU as he seems to be able to get a lot of things that are hard to find here. I have a set of OEM 40 series rear sliding windows coming from him right now!

Top notch person to buy from.
Agreed. He helped me with some interior trim I still needed for my rear shoulder belt conversion.

Last edited:
Agreed. He helped me with some interior trim I still needed for my rear shoulder belt conversion.
That’s funny I purchased the same thing from him.
I was very impressed with the product & how well he packed it up for the journey.
I will have some sliding windows and other AUS goods one day.

Oddly enough. While going thru 400 pages of online catalog from CRL last night, I came across these two item numbers and wanted to compare to what I ordered from AUS.

I'll try and take some measurements of what I've got tonight. I wasn't as lucky with re-using mine when I got them. Mine came out in dry brittle pieces.

@NookShneer did you ever figure out if one of these CRL options was a viable replacement for the factory bailey channel? Not sure how much it'll help, it seems a little difficult to source by the cut foot in any case.

@NookShneer did you ever figure out if one of these CRL options was a viable replacement for the factory bailey channel? Not sure how much it'll help, it seems a little difficult to source by the cut foot in any case.

I didn't. I'll need to try and dig the baily channel I have from AUS out and see if I can take some measurements to published measurements on line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom