Builds SLOW 71 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Getting ready for the trip and went through the used spare parts bins. Thought I better add some different studs and things since Gordons trail repair. I carry u-joint, seals, fluids, etc. and a lot of tools, but it's always something I don't have that breaks.

IMG_4397.JPG

since Gordons trail repair.
I still for the life of me ( which was too close for comfort ) can’t figure out how or why those bolts got loss. 49 years I have been beating on landcruisers and nothing having to do with steering has ever failed.

Getting ready for the trip and went through the used spare parts bins. Thought I better add some different studs and things since Gordons trail repair. I carry u-joint, seals, fluids, etc. and a lot of tools, but it's always something I don't have that breaks.

View attachment 3103723
Just pull a spare Pig behind you!

I still for the life of me ( which was too close for comfort ) can’t figure out how or why those bolts got loss. 49 years I have been beating on landcruisers and nothing having to do with steering has ever failed.
I'm reminded of an interesting thought/experience w my 77 red/white 55 I purchased while attending the SSS in Oct 2019.. After it was delivered (of course) and I eventually got to the front end rebuild, I discovered the four nuts at the bottom of the driver's side knuckle were completely loose in various stages, to the point the PO had already purchased 60 knuckles. steering arms, knuckle rebuild kits, etc... I never got the story from the PO, and he was generous in passing along the spare parts for repair/rebuild, but the loose bolts/nuts had made the truck undriveable w an incredible wobble at anything above 10 MPH and the turns were jarring... ad it was just the driver side.... so after reading the above I checked them again yesterday...:bounce2:

View attachment 3103723
Murphy is alive and doing well…

Enjoy your trip. I'm jealous. Safe travels...
Jim

Thanks Jim,

We're putting the final "stuff" in the wagon tonight and it's packed. I was just looking at the trip meter from the Pig Party @ 2800 miles, guess I'll be putting a few more on this trip. Ten days on my own then picking up Jeri and staying out @ another two weeks. So, the first two days will be on the not so exciting side Mo and NE then it should get better into WY. Medicine Bow National Forrest will my first back road camping.

I'll take pictures, not many, but I'll try. 👍

Thanks Jim,

We're putting the final "stuff" in the wagon tonight and it's packed. I was just looking at the trip meter from the Pig Party @ 2800 miles, guess I'll be putting a few more on this trip. Ten days on my own then picking up Jeri and staying out @ another two weeks. So, the first two days will be on the not so exciting side Mo and NE then it should get better into WY. Medicine Bow National Forrest will my first back road camping.

I'll take pictures, not many, but I'll try. 👍
plan on seeing you, even if its just lunch in Stockton

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom