rear body mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The only thing I’m really seeing any issue with is in this area, and what looks like in the picture some chaff points that would be worth addressing. Is that’s your final hose routing or just temporary?

C5B4F603-479B-41CC-8263-CFD9E913D8EA.jpeg

The first question is where in the line do these recharge valves go?

Correct me if I am wrong.

#10 hose goes from cab to compressor
#8 hose goes from compressor to evaporator
#6 hose goes from the evaporator to the dryer
#6 hose goes Dryer to the cab

Where do I insert the charging ports?

Yeah I found that. That for a Chevy avalanche. The fittings I have are not giving me the option to have a port between the dryer and the evaporator.

Maybe on either side of the compressor? Maybe it doesn’t matter as long as it’s on either side of the compressor?

pressures , are the same anywhere in the line for high and low . older systems were of the back of the compressor . so anywhere on the low side before the expansion valve . and anywhere on the high side after it . the percent of difference measured by a exact location will not be affect the overall performance of a charged system .

image.jpg

I am thinking that this would fit and have good accessibility if I put my ports right here.

The #10 runs down to the compressor, condenser, and dryer then the #6 runs in. Then I will have a port on either side of the unit which hold s the expansion valve and the evaporator.

Sound right?

Seems odd that they only gave me a fitting for a #10 hose and #8 hose. That is what is throwing me off. In fact Restomod doesnt even sell a fitting #6 with a port.
?

they are different sizes for low and high , the discharge port ( high ) is larger 16mm , and the suction side ( low ) is smaller 13mm for 134a freon , you need both, . it is possible to just use the high side to fill it up ,,, but it makes working on the system ,diagnosing a poor performing system almost impossible . it takes both readings on a gauge set to find out any useful information .

Trying to order some spring clamps for my hoses.
What’s the best way to order these things? I have some hose that fits a 5/8 and 3/4 male. So I figured just order some 5/8ths spring clamps. I got 5/8 spring clamps. For 5/8ths hose :/.
My ID is 5/8ths the OD looks to be 1”.

This is why my work takes so long! Aughh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom