Cottonland Picture of the Day Thread (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1662594588277.jpeg

You really should upgrade to the better 90126-12010 Torx head studs in 12mm. (if you are indeed working on a 12mm stud style knuckle and not the weird 11m junk).
It's a 78, so I'm dealing with the weird 11mm junk. It's going to just be a Purdy truck wannabe, so I figured I would just roll with it for now.

Speaking of, I got bored and needed some motivation.
20220907_213512.jpg

A '69 front clip will fit a '78...

Sexy...
20220909_171347.jpg

Lol, I'll learn tomorrow. Right now I'm enjoying the shiny bits. I'll report back on the hell tomorrow...

Lol, I'll learn tomorrow. Right now I'm enjoying the shiny bits. I'll report back on the hell tomorrow...
Pay attention to the torque setting they recommend. I’ve seen people gloss over that and over torque and the bolts come out like bullets at 45 mph

Pay attention to the torque setting they recommend. I’ve seen people gloss over that and over torque and the bolts come out like bullets at 45 mph
Will do. 16-18 ft lbs is the recommended value on the packaging literature. I told Erin I may have to get a new torque wrench because the one I have doesn't go that low...

Will do. 16-18 ft lbs is the recommended value on the packaging literature. I told Erin I may have to get a new torque wrench because the one I have doesn't go that low...

This situation led to me having two torque wrenches too.
1/2" drive covers the higher ranges and the 3/8" drive covers the lower. It has worked well enough so far.

I would use a 1/4” electric or air ratchet to get them close. Then torque. Using a torque wrench is for the birds.

Basically find something in your arsenal of tools that will get you damn close.

Ok, I am 100% in agreement with the 32 bolts from hell....

20220910_171619.jpg

I am going to order a set of spacers rings, I'm not positive that it's not coning the ring. It's dang near impossible to tell, but it just seems off a little.

for those in Jackson,

Is the main water plant there off I-55 , across the highway roughly from the state police HQ building. I assume is the same place I use to ride by in the 60-70's, if headed north on 55, off the right hand side of road....just up the hill on the right is some park as I recall (assuming its still there). The *&^%$ river is what ..not even a mile away or so.

I grew up in part....@ jackson long ago, so I just recall some landmarks here and there....moved away around 1977, many things have changed I'm sure .

well maybe something will get done on the water system, seems like it might need a clean new start, which I'm sure is crazy money.

for those in Jackson,

Is the main water plant there off I-55 , across the highway roughly from the state police HQ building. I assume is the same place I use to ride by in the 60-70's, if headed north on 55, off the right hand side of road....just up the hill on the right is some park as I recall (assuming its still there). The *&^%$ river is what ..not even a mile away or so.

I grew up in part....@ jackson long ago, so I just recall some landmarks here and there....moved away around 1977, many things have changed I'm sure .

well maybe something will get done on the water system, seems like it might need a clean new start, which I'm sure is crazy money.
The one you’re referencing is working (well, mostly anyway). The one that’s causing all of the problems is located just southwest of the dam at the reservoir. It was built in the 90s and rehabbed in the 00s.

Don’t believe anything you see on national news. The problem isn’t the facility, it’s the utter neglect of it. The city administrations have ignored it for decades until it failed. The state stepped in and it’s nearly fixed after less than 2 weeks of repairs!

The one you’re referencing is working (well, mostly anyway). The one that’s causing all of the problems is located just southwest of the dam at the reservoir. It was built in the 90s and rehabbed in the 00s.

Don’t believe anything you see on national news. The problem isn’t the facility, it’s the utter neglect of it. The city administrations have ignored it for decades until it failed. The state stepped in and it’s nearly fixed after less than 2 weeks of repairs!

just like my local water system where I live and where anyone else lives........we who own the system and the community it serves....we own the problem, it does not fix itself.

The tax base and the community in which it serves owns the problem, like many things...where is the accountability.

back to 4wd stuff.

I remember watching Reeves at the "joint" press conference with the Jackson mayor . The one where he says a day later he was pissed cause he wasn't actually invited to it. He said " As of Monday, here's the number of water systems the State of MS runs", he raised his hand and made a goose egg gesture. So much for trying to spread the blame around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom